Moving from England to Jakarta. ......

Hi everyone

so im back from Jakarta with my job offer in tow..love the crazy manic city and the people even more!,,,,
so next can anyone tell me what I need to take to the UK embassy ? Do I need proof of funds and an english sponsor which I was gold I will need....
unsure as I will be worki g for a PT local company so I wont have a UK sponser!,,,,...Confused.com at moment..

Can anyone help...regards

Your company should do the lot for you.
A criminal record check isn't commonly required, but it's never a bad idea to have.
Other than that, make sure your passport has a lot of time left before it expires.

As Mas Fred said your company should take care of your visa etc. I trust they are.
The embassy is there as a support nothing more and are only useful in an emergency or for passports. You shouldn't have any reason to visit them.
One thing you may want to consider is telling the tax office or not of your working abroad for tax reasons also to find out how to top up the pension while not in the country.

I would ask yout new employer for all details of a sponsor etc in writing to help you and then go from there. You should contact the Indonesian embassy if you need more assistance  London because I am sure they will be more use than the British one here.

Thanks guys..

Yes the local company is arranging all the paperwork and KITAS for me and my wife.
I was just confused when I went out the website for the indonesian embassy over here in the UK.
As they seemed to want different things like I said proof of funds and an ENGLISH sponsor which of course I wouldnt have as the employer is indonesian. ?
So when the paperwork comes through do I need to go to the british embassy or not ?
and where do I get the KITAS? In england or in indonesia when I arrive ?
Again thanks for any help as I suspect the next few weeks wilk be stressful for me and my wife...

Regards

No you do not need to go the british embassy. I suspect you were reading about indonesians going to England hence the sponsors.
Unless you have been asked specifically to visit the Indonesian embassy in London to present documents etc your company will process your kitas etc once you are in situ.
This should mean coming in on a tourist visa then going to Singapore for the actual visa. Then off to immigration for finger prints etc a week or so later.
This is the standard procedure for most foreigners working in Indonesia.

Again make sure your company tell you what you should be doind on arrival.

You also can pick up the Vitas (Telex Visa) at the Embassy in London.

When are you supposed to start your new job in here??

Thanks for the advuce again..

I am ment to hopefuly starting in August or Sept. Really as soon as I can get all the paperwork in order
Accommodation is sorted so its all systems go....

so I take it I get a ticket to Jakarta then leave via Sinagpore to get the KItAS sorted ? As on a tourist visa I have been told you have to show proof of a return or exit flight from indonesia?  Hence why you go to sinagpore ?

regards

That's what I meant before, you necessarily do not have to go to Singapore for it.

Once your papers are sorted out and RTPKA is issued the Telex Visa can be collected at any Embassy overseas in your case in London for example.

With this Visa you enter Indonesia but then you have to go to the Immigration here within 7 days after arrival to proceed further for finishing your KITAS.

If you aim to start working here August/September you will be safe meaning time should be enough to get the papers done and the Telex Visa will be send.

If your company is now starting the process you may can collect your visa sometime in June perhaps July.

Once you received this Visa at you Embassy you must enter Indonesia within the next 3 months as otherwise it is not valid any longer.

The visa trip in England often is done over 2 days but if I were you I would insist your company sorts it all out and flies you to Singapore and back with a night stop over.Far more fun.

You are right, of course it is also an option and Singapore can be fun.

You can consider doing so as long your new company will cover the tickets and hotel accommodation for yourself and your family.