Best play to stay and visit

Hi , iam planning to visit turkey in summer with my husband , 4kids (8,6,3, n one year ) , brother , mother,  and sister with her 3kids (13,12 n10years) , can u ppl give me ideas where to go n where to stay n best places to visit n how to travel in Turkey with kids , prices of taxi .... etc .
Iam pakistani from gulf ,
TIA

Meharaba,

Once you land on attaturk airport, search for a metro station (local train station) at the airport, buy a ticket and get down to zetinburnu station and then switch lanes for tram across the road, take a light rail (tram) and to sultanmet stop., thats where you should stay as all tourist and shopping is in sultanmet and cost efficient hotels try hatay hotel , it is very good.or to get to sultanmet from airport is look for Havas bus it takes 10 lira per person and stops at Taksim square, so get down at Taksim square and then catch a taxi cause from airport to sultanmet tax will be very expensive. Thats for istanbul and ankara, try living in Kizalay square, its a great place.

Hoscal!...

Thanx alot

Your welcome!,

Few things more, Sultanmet area is quiet after 8pm, is more off a tourist histroical places on walking distance like Topkapi, spice baazar, etc.,  for nightout eating try Ortaköy, loverly fish resturants and try Kumpir, for nightlife Taksim Square is a party place, but i doubt it would be useful for you in evening and nights cause of clubs and dance and music, after 10.00am all the shops on Istiklal square starts open for shopping.

Again, depends on each ones lifestyle i will rate it like this

Sultanmet : all 2 and 3 stars hotel, low to mid range hotels
Taksim square is 4 & 5 star hotels

Both are on european side  just split between the brosphrous river. Asian side is not recommended cause nothing their, except for Kadiköy, good food, local turkish cusine.

Nisantasi, most highend shopping and posh area like D.H.A for Pakistan

For more details..read the Tripadvisor website it is really helpful....

Enjoy Istanbul...

Thanks a lot , v  useful informations

Hello Tia,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Istanbul forum with your posts in order to give them more visibility and to help you to communicate freely with the other members.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thank you for sharing these valuable informations,  :)