Indians in istanbul need your help please

Hi

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul with my family (including my wife and daughter) and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, schools for children my daughter is 20 months and would need to go to a play school, is language an issue? do we get Hindi TV channels in Istanbul, are there many indian restaurants, is it a safe place since my job involves travelling?

Any advise would be realy really helpful

looking forward to hearing back

thanks and regards

anuj

Welcome on Expat.com anuj :)

I hope that other forumers will bring their input to your several queries soon ;)

Regards

thanks Yud

Anuj unlike like other countries,Turkey has the leat populations of Indians.There are approx 100 families or you can say 200 indians staying from couple of years.Mostly from big multinationals Indian companies.Well let me tell you once you are in Istanbul you will forget Dubai.People are great here,very similar to Indian people.Infact in Turkish language they have almost six thousand words similar to Indian language.Yes there is one restaurant in sultan ahmet original & good food.There are 2 others around taxsim but they are fake.Let me know when you are in town,if i can be of any help.

Many thanks for your reply really appreciate it. Do you get Hindi TV channles in Istanbul? Also what would be the approxiate cost of living for a family of 3 people. My office will be near Kanyon so would ideally want to stay close to that place.

Once again thanks for you earlier response.

Kind Regards

anuj

Hello Anujm,
I am sorry but I don't agree with the other post I moved here from Singapore last year it's a beautiful place but a very difficult place to live because not everybody speak English specially people you meet every day like taxi drivers shop keepers and if you don't know the place you can get a bus until you know where are you going caz no 1 speak English but yes people are friendly but if you can speak little bit Turkish, you don't find English menu in normal restaurants. Its difficult to get dasi species 2 people going to Indian restaurant 1 daal 1 chicken dish 1 rice and naan with coke not beer or wine will cost around 100TL.Its expensive like Europe
Private schools are also expensive I know TEIS (Turkish English international school) its an early years school in levent 4 near to kanyon its about 13000 US $ per year .Forget about any Indian channels or cricket or speaking hindi with any other person. I find it's a very safe place even for females at night  But as I said it's a beautiful place for weekend you will have places to go.

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul with my family (including my wife and daughter) and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, schools for children my daughter is 20 months and would need to go to a play school, is language an issue? do we get Hindi TV channels in Istanbul, are there many indian restaurants, is it a safe place since my job involves travelling?

Hi Anuj,Istanbul is like mumbai, you can find posh areas as wll as slums(like)also,but overall istanbul is much safe and people are very kind, only difference is that not many people know english here,turkish people are kind and warm people but language become problem at times, however in istanbul around 100-150 indian families are there, and neby cities around 1 hr from istabul more 100-150 indians, butjust liek india family people are really busy and we ee in once or twice all together in a year. Costwise Turkey is expensive, for 3 people you will have to spend 600-1000TL i .e 400$ to 700$ except lodging, housing if company don't sponsor you will have to spend around 500TL i.e 350$ for rent, flats are easy to find and housing industry is in riping stage here, you will find plenty of options for school as told by Newcastle from prep education is 12K $, so education in that way is tooo much expensive. Hindi channels you can get 25-30 channels (all popular ones), indian restaurants are i think 2-3 in whole istanul. and offcourse it is a safe place..hope it helps to you! (when i came here i had the similar doubts) this forum is gr8 and hope it helps you and others....

Hello, my name is Nazan Kaan, I am a relocation company owner and I would like to give some information about Istanbul.

Day by day Istanbul is becoming a very international city, here are many foreigners and of course many foreigners schools, we have American International school, British school, French and German schools+Turkish International schools which give international degrees. For your little daughter we have 'gym-boree' play schools here and many other english-turkish speaking kinder-gardens. 

You are asking avarege cost of living in Istanbul, it shows varity, since annual income is not equal.  If you want 3 bedroom flat in the center a good one is about 1500-2000 $, the private schools are annualy 10.000-20.000 $. Food is I can say min.750 $.

But I can say that most foreigners like to live in Istanbul, may be because climate, you can find shopping and eating places for every budget....

You may visit our web page (moderated: no free ads) to have more information about Istanbul and via e-mail I can send you more details.

Good Luck,
Nazan Kaan

Thanks so much newcastle, abhinav and Nazan this is really helpful. I am coming to istanbul in May 1st week for 5 days just to explore and get a sense of the place. My office is going to be in Levent in the Kanyon shopping mall so hopefull will be looking for a place somewhere close to that.

Lets see how the trip goes. But thanks once again for all your help and information its really very useful.

Kind Regards

anuj

Hi Anuj,
I would like to learn your preference type of house.  If you want flat or private house in the compandium. Accordingly I can advise you different locations(school location is also important).

Dear Anuji,
           I have just moved to turkey from Oman, but I located ın Isparta...stıll strugglıng for settlıng down due to language problem..hope wıll settle down soon..here hardly ındıand are lıvıng.. but your case ın Istanbul many chıces hope you wıllsolvr all your problems..takecare...Anand

Hello guys! This is Simar,i am moving from dubai to turkey next month with my husband and my 4yr old son.
I visited Istanbul last month forget the Hindi speaking it was hard to find even English. And now i am just happy to read ur blogs. I am assured that There are Indians everywhere. We are planning rent a place near palladium so can u please help me find any schools for my son..
    Waiting for ur replies...
Thank u...

guys just learn turkish somehow , and istanbul will be great for u , if you guys arent picky , u will find many good educated pakistanis here , iam one too , just moved here from dubai .take care

Turkey is a safe place and you can easily grow your children. There are not so many Indians in Istanbul but Turkish people like foreigners. Indian culture is not really opposite side of the turkish traditions so you can easily adapt yourself. there are not so many Indian restaurants here but you can easily find all kind of  vegetables to cook. Here is not Haiti, my elder brother has gone to there and, he and his family could' nt find anything to eat for 15 days. You can easily find a primary school which does English education for your children. Besiktas, Kadikoy, Sarıyer, Uskudar, Avcılar ... are the safest places in Istanbul. You can live with a minimum of 2500 Turkish Liras(1500 $) here in a very good life standards. If you want to live in a good environment, the expenses would be higher.

Guys can anyone tell me if there is public transport available from Levent to Kemerburgaz/Gokturk area?

thanks

anuj

Hi

Wanted to check hows is the Sisli area to live in for a family. My office is going to be in Levent and i was exploring potential areas for accomodations?

Any suggestions wopuld be welcome.

thanks

anuj

Public transport is good here,you can find a way to go every corner of istanbul.
Sisli is almost central place to stay,from here to your office in levent will take max 15-20 minutes by underground metro.

cheers

Sethi

anujm wrote:

Hi

Any advise would be realy really helpful

looking forward to hearing back

thanks and regards

anuj

Hi anuj

Im chander fm india(Gurgaon) i do looking fr similar help nd coming instanbul to setting up my new office in instanbul. Im into apparels business. Hw is urs going...did u manage everything...nd could u pls help me out to assit the same like im looking fr apart prefer to sharing or is ny hostel / indian family to stay sharing basis nd hw to get mingle with india frnds. Pls advise me via email chander@gratyuk nd if possible put me ur number i'll call u

Hi.
Istanbul is nice place. There are  english speaking schools.Ii
I am here with 2 children as well and at times have to stay alone due
to my husbands travelling. .yes language is an issue and is important
we do get indian channels here its a paid service. . And 2/3 indian restautarnts
yes you will not find all indian spices and flours, what more. Hope
this information is helpful.
Bye regards
Rekha mehboob

Hello! I am also a foreigner and I have been living in Istanbul for 10 years. All the changes are difficult but if you ever move before you know it!!
Many people speak english in Istanbul.... where are you moving that you do not find them???? there is a huge foreign community that even have a group for ladies not to feel alone wile their couple work!!! International Woman of Istanbul iwi-tr.org/ contact them through the web page and they will give a guide.
Transportation in Istanbul is wonderfull!!!! you just need learn the system, in internet you can enter to: harita.iett.gov.tr/ in there you write from where you want to take the bus and the place you want to go and it describes step by step the busses and the station you must leave.
In the other hand there is the spices bazaar where you can find any spice you need for your food (remember this is another country but they have many of them)
Schools, yes there are many international schools and they are pretty spensive 10.000 to 20.000 per year. There are many other options since your kid is still baby.
Wish you the best in this new start do not let people influence you bad, is normal the begining may be hard but with good company and in family everything is better.
I will advice you to live close to your work because the trafic in istabul is like New Delhi or worse!!!! :)
If I can do anything else for you let me know.
Best regards

(moderated: off topic + please post your ad in the classifieds section)

[Moderated: You are off topic. Please post your ad in the classifieds section)

Dear moderators,

I dont understand why you delete my post! It is not advertisement! We are non profit NGO and the dinner will be free also for Indians, we are just inviting Indian expats to our dinner in an Indian restaurant

and why other people can post inviting people for some meetings and I cant?

Thank you for understanding!

Hi mustafadinc1986!

The content of your post is not for forum purpose. That is why you were asked to post in classifieds.

Thanks for your comprehension.
Armand

I'd advise to definitely learn some Turkish if you want to have enjoy living in Istanbul to the fullest.

There also are 2 good Indian restaurants in Sultanahmet, Dubb and Swaad.

Good luck!

Hi der..

Dis is M Kay. im a Mech Engr. from india currently in Riyadh,KSA.
I want to relocate myself to ISTANBUL. please guide me in this process.

Thanks & Best Regards,

M KAY.

good luck!

Hello to all members,

i am coming from Qatar for job in end of January 2013,

any body advice about sponsor to family ?

1- how much salary required ?

2- after work visa how i can sponsor to family

3- any restrictions for sponsors

please reply in Details or provide me any link for informations

@ movenget :

- once you get your work permit and residence permit you can sponsor your family.

- it depends on your qualification and experience and the sector you are working.

- you need to go to emniyet yabanci mudürlüğü (police) and apply for your family.

- there is no restriction for your parents, wife and kids. i am not sure about relatives.

- here is the link if you are coming to istanbul : http://yabancilar.iem.gov.tr/randevu.html

good luck.

Dear Mr.Syed

many thanks for reply and time.

Cheers

Sorry to Bother you all,

can any body advice about istanbul schools ? any indian and english school is there ?

please reply with some links

Regards

Hello People, can we arrange a evening to meet up with fellow Indians in Istanbul during the week of 25th Feb?

i am single mother and thinking to move istanbul after i am done with my studies. i have a daughter which will move with me but first i want to come there search job, rent flat and look for pakistani school, please help me to know if thats possible to find work in art design field? how is security there? is it safe to live alone with daughter?

Hi Iam planing to move to Istanbul. I will move to istanbul as single for six months then will get married and will bring my wife there. could any one let me know the rent for the aprtments in istanbul. I would prefer to live in area where i could find some indian and pakistani.

Looking for your support.

Welcome to Istanbul. There is no such area where you can find Indian and Pakistanis. The reason being that, in this big city there are not many Indians and Pakistanis and all are scattered living closer to their place of work.
Regards,

Hello every one,
I am planning to move Istanbul by the end of sept 2013 for my master program from Bahcesehir university. can any one tell me plz that how much it will cost for living in Istanbul per month? and can I work as a student there?

Hi Aaqib siddiqui,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Please note that this thread is bit old

I suggest you to start a new thread on the Istanbul Forum with all your questions please as you might get better interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

hi rekha rinu here im living in Istanbul just come from pak wd husband. I want to meet some paki and indian women to know about Istanbul . will u help me plz.
:|

Dear anuj,

Its very difficult to find indians in istanbul. Iam here working on turkey, but I could met none...!!! Except some tourists..

Hi everyone,

I have moved in Istanbul with my family this Friday. (25th Apr 2014). We are currently staying in NishantIshI until we finlize our apartment. My kids are 6 and 3 year. I am looking for some advice on how can we engage the kids here until their school starts in September. Also if there are any Indian mothers with whom I can talk to? It is really difficult to find anyone with whom you could talk in istanbul.
I will appriciate your help and support.
Thank you.