Why should not live in Turkey...

Hi,

if someone asks you Why i should not live in Turkey, especially in Istanbul, what would you say?

Traffic jam

Worst in Algeria :D

istanbul est une tres belle ville
il y a de tout et tellement roamntique ça va beaucoup te plaire
et il n'y a aucune raison pour ne pas y aller
vas y c'est l'aventure et je te souhaite bonne chance
si tu as des question , je suis à votre disposition

:/:)No reason ...exccpet the extrem amazing veiw that could pain ur eyes

@ nina.nana --> In english please ;) Thank you very much. Karen :)

Istanbul is wonderful, especially if your a history and culture buff. Lots of concerts & plays, wonderful people, food & atmosphere.
It is also very crowded and the traffic is a nightmare. Saying that they have a great rail & tram system (depending on where in Istanbul your are)
I've always felt very safe in Istanbul and there are always sooo many tourists around you'll never feel the odd one out.
Just don't succumb to the sweet talking Turkish men like a lot of women and you'll be fine. ;)

come in maybe you are right but istanboul so busy  city  and also  tourkish  people just know or fell you are not tourkish  they  immedatly think how to use you

I don't think that is true for all Turks.
We've known people to be taken here but personally we've had no problems and have met some lovely people only willing to help with no catch.
It's like anywhere, use your brains and if it doesn't feel right it's probably wrong. ;)

What of getting a job in instanbul hope is quite easy?

You need to get a work permit (or at least your employer does) many people work here illegally, but the government will deport you if you're found out and you generally won't be able to come back for at least 5 year. What kind of work are you looking for?

I just finished 3years course in information technology(software engineering)...

It's better if you get a job first before you move here, otherwise you'll only get a tourist visa which is only valid for 90 days in a 6 month period and not renewable for before your 6 months is up.
And again, if your caught overstaying you'll get a fine and be banned for up to 5 years from re entering.

Ok thanks, can u help for one?

No I'm sorry I don't own a business. :)

No problem thanks

TjRjn wrote:

...Just don't succumb to the sweet talking Turkish men like a lot of women and you'll be fine. ;)

Excellent advice :D

Let's summarize !

- Traffic jam

- Bad people

- High humidity

What else ?

No matter wat d trafic over dere can neva be bad likee d city of lagos nigeria where we have over 40million people in d city

Lagos is 1 of d smallest city here in nigeria bt 3 most populated in d world so imagine d traffic jam here

do not go there. It is a muslim state that does not recognize any human rights. I was treated like a criminal and i had not rights to call my embassy. go away from there

I'm sorry about your bad experience but I can say I've lived in Turkey for over 2 years and travelled in and out for a year before that and apart from bureaucracy that makes no sense many a time, have had no bad experiences.
Technically it's a secular state, not Muslim. However approx 98% of the population are Muslim (many non practicing) and you will see a great mix of strict and not so strict Muslims - even within the same family. The reason you are seeing so many protests now within Turkey is because the ruling AKP party want to make Turkey a more Islamic state but the vast majority of the population are against it - as it should be.
So I would urge anyone wanting to come to Turkey - especially for a holiday to do so and enjoy this rich and diverse country. :)

respond in english would make sense

I see that you are angry or something went wrong.
kind of unique situation. In Mıamı. FL they can put you in the cell for drinking on the beach or jaywalkin ( Toxicated)

your personal view. BS happens where ever you go.  happens ın The US. UK and all over the world..

Just don't succumb to the sweet talking Turkish men like a lot of women and you'll be fine. ;)

Soooo true I guess! perfect advice..

Just because of the several million Candy Crush Saga game players. Keep you avay from them. Every second they request life etc and want you to play that sh.t :)

Aqu wrote:

Just because of the several million Candy Crush Saga game players. Keep you avay from them. Every second they request life etc and want you to play that sh.t :)

:D you're right !

Hey Aqu !

What about Libya ? how are people there ?

They are really nice and warm. At the firsth time it is very difficult to adjust yourself to living there but then, begin to learn how people live and what kind of life style they have. Life is hard but poeple are candid and natural. Some are rude :P but general nice and helpfull. Hospitality as a word has a very different meaning at Libya. I have never seen like that people in anywhere.

Aqu wrote:

... I have never seen like that people in anywhere.

Even not in Turkey ?! :D (i'm joking :p )

I think that every people is special ... the thing is our ability to adapt. If we can't adapt we say they are rude :D

Yeeeeah You accepted:D Finally!+%&7 :)

LOL

I said " i think that" wich means "i suppose that"... i will tell u my opinion when i will come over there and confirm it Inshallah :)

:top:

;)

what about job there

Well, I think it's like everywhere else ... you have to knock on every door ...
I also believe that the first step to find one is to learn the Turkish language... To find one, but especially to be able to integrate into the community :)

Good luck ;)

can you speak turksih?? and where are you at the moment

Dear creater of this topic;
İs it u who wants to work istanbul? Now u changed idea to go libya?
And yes we r seeing how kind(!!!) people libyans in istanbul. İ think they have to live in istanbul for many years to get kind and normal like europeans.

Hi easylife1010;

My goals in life are not the subject of this discussion and even less to judge anyone ... However,  you can tell us about your experience as an expatriate in Turkey :) what is the most difficult thing to deal with ?