Job losses across Brazil due to economic crisis

The follow list is of the top 20 Brazilian cities to cut jobs in August. The job losses total over 40 thousand for the month.

Belo Horizonte (MG): -4.505
Rio de Janeiro (RJ): -4.089
São Paulo (SP): -3.650
Curitiba (PR): -2.947
Salvador (BA): -2.858
Santa Cruz Do Sul (RS): -2.255
Recife (PE): -2.154
Caxias do Sul (RS): -2.055
Venâncio Aires (RS): -1.852
Manaus (AM): -1.810
Jundiaí (SP): -1.656
Joinville (SC): -1.613
Altamira (PA): -1.401
Natal (RN): -1.349
Guarulhos (SP): -1.348
Porto Alegre (RS): -1.323
Contagem (MG): -1.219
Barueri (SP): -1.143
Santos (SP): -1.109
Macaé (RJ): -1.107

The federal government clearly is not taking the economic crisis seriously enough and is doing precious little to counter the ever rising value of the US Dollar against the Real. There response as usual is to talk about raising more taxes. They can't seem to see that in the midst of an economic crisis this will only make matters worse by further discouraging investment from abroad, dry up consumerism and just make things even worse.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

It is very sad to see this trend happening to this extent in Brazil. It will probably get worse before it gets better, and it is going to be a very difficult time for many people. I am sorry to see the government is being so short sighted about this. This could be a very significant time in Brazilians history, and I think the people who are in power should think very carefully about how to deal with the current economic and environmental issues. This is not the time to be more greedy. I am  still optimistic about the future of Brazil and the people who live there. I  hope that everyone can help each other get through this difficult time together, and not just say, it's not my problem.