Pint prices in Pubs

I just drank 4 pints of Cisk at the Beachhaven in St Pauls Bay.   €16.00!!!

Is that record for Malta, or have you  paid more?

Most Pubs charge €2.20 to 2.90

rtintle wrote:

I just drank 4 pints of Cisk at the Beachhaven in St Pauls Bay.   €16.00!!!

Is that record for Malta, or have you  paid more?

Most Pubs charge €2.20 to 2.90

Most of the hotels in Gozo charge 4.00 euros with the Kempinski reputed to charge 6.00, many of the bars on the coast charge 3.40+.  I pay 2.00 - 3.00 euros in Victoria and 2.00 at the bars in my village.

Still a lot cheaper than UK where I paid 5.88 euros (equivalent) for a pint of Guinness and I paid 5.50 euros in Germany for a similar beer to Cisk.

Ray

Had a meeting in the Hilton in March two pints Carlsberg €19 nearly died.
Normally drink in the Band club afternoons were all the locals drink in Spinola bay.
€2 glass rose wine Cisk €2 also they give out free bruschetta crackers cheese and lasagne.
So you do have to be careful on the free nibbles if you want to go out for a meal later.
Bottle rose in The Nappa bar in Sliema for €6 great drinking spot.

Pubs in Marsascala: Pint Skol 1.75, Cisk 2.00 and Paulaner Hell or Dunkel 2.50

Marsascala was the first place that I spent the night after moving to Malta.  I should have stayed there...Doh!

rtintle wrote:

Marsascala was the first place that I spent the night after moving to Malta.  I should have stayed there...Doh!

Indeed. I'm here since I came to Malta 3 years ago and still love it  :)

Marsascala is beautiful I particularly like the happy hive

Happy Hive was one of my favorits, especially their beer fridge with over 40 different sorts, undortunately the business is weak and they are closed at the moment until ... ?

matm911 wrote:

Happy Hive was one of my favorits, especially their beer fridge with over 40 different sorts, undortunately the business is weak and they are closed at the moment until ... ?

After careful consideration, we have decided as a team that we need a few weeks off! While hanging out with you truly is the highlight of our week, we also recognize the need for some time to regroup, reorganize, do some important administrative stuff, clean, spend time with our family at the beach and pray for wisdom to manage this beautiful place well!

So, please come enjoy the music & lovin' through Sunday of this week! Then we will be closed from Monday, 27 July for several weeks. Watch this space for possible fund-raising events and our reopening announcement!

If you have already set aside your Happy Hive funds for the month, go bless our neighbors with it, or send it in the form of a donation to us! We'll put it toward the gargantuan utility bill.
smile emoticon

Thanks for understanding! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
Much love from your Happy Hive team. ♡

this was what they posted on facebook

When you pay too much, to make it worse, the measure is not a pint but a half litre. (1 L = 1.75975398639 pint UK)

Windmill in Birzebbuga
Skol bottle - 1.40
Cisk bottle - 2.00
Skol can - 1.30
Cisk can - 1.80
Shorts - 1.50 (all incl JD)
Wine - 1.50 large glass

WOW! I'm heading to the Windmill in Birzebbuga...wonder how much the taxi ride back to Mellieha will be.

Ralph

GPLW, a pint is actually less than half a litre. c.440ml. Therefore there is over two pints to a litre

There are many bars in Bugibba & St.Pauls Bay that are only charging 1.20, 1.30 ,1.40 no more for Skol and 1.70, 1.80, 1.90, 2.00 for Cisk. As far as the Beachaven is concerned I got charged that amount 4.00 for Cisk when I first came to live here last year this guy who run's this place is a Rip Off Merchant and I have never been back there or never will. You learn quickly

Is that for draft or for a can ?

draft is usually more expensive here

paulolly wrote:

GPLW, a pint is actually less than half a litre. c.440ml. Therefore there is over two pints to a litre

Wrong if you are talking UK pints, right if you are talking US pints!

1 Litre = 1.75975 Imperial Pints (UK)     An Imperial pint (UK) = 0.568261 Litres
1 Litre = 2.113 US Pints.                         A US pint =  0.473176 Litres

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
paulolly wrote:

Wrong if you are talking UK pints, right if you are talking US pints!

1 Litre = 1.75975 Imperial Pints (UK)     An Imperial pint (UK) = 0.568261 Litres
1 Litre = 2.113 US Pints.                         A US pint =  0.473176 Litres

Ray

I bow to you sir. Those oversized pint pots in the UK have done for me

The price that I paid at the Beachaven Rob was for a can. The other prices I quoted in Bugibba and St. Pauls are for a can or a bottle

I personally do not care if it's 0.5 or 0.56 liter - as soon as the glass is empty, I order another Cisk ... can or bottle, whatever is available  :D