Soccer teams for females

Are there any female soccer clubs in ho chi minh city that i can join?

Hello lynh_trang,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest that you post an ad in the Activities in Ho Chi Minh City section as well.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to find any teams? Im also keen for womens soccer teams :) Social or competitive

Thanks

Hi all, I'm moving to HCMC in January and looking for a women's soccer team/league.

Any successes?

-Mel

Hi Mel, At the moment I havnt been able to find any. There seems to be a bit of interest though so im looking at getting a 5 aside night going one day a week (if theres enough numbers) :)

Please let me know if you do!!!!
I'm in!!!!!
I arrive in HCMC in Vietnam mid December and would be game to play starting January!

It seems that contrary to international trends, football is pretty much a men's game in Vietnam.  I have queried my students and only grade school girls would say that they played after school and even that was just pickup street play.  Teenage and young adult women will say that they love football but never that they play.  It's too bad as women's football is becoming a way bigger sport than it used to be.  The Viet national men's team is not terribly good.  Perhaps they are afraid that the women could do better.    :unsure

I am interested in starting a women's 5 a side team, would be great if they were a league for the team to play in ...

Hi, there seems like quite a few players interested, have you heard of anyone interested in playing? I don't know if there would be enough for a league..

Hey, If you find a soccer team then count me in

Hi Ladies! Im looking at organising some 5-aside soccer games as it appears there is nothing here for womens soccer! Games will be once a week in the evenings based down at Tao Dan stadium, D.1. (depending on pitch availability) If your interested in playing please join Saigon Womens Football group and hopefully we can get the numbers to get this up and running!

facebook.com/groups/618868511584438/

Please count me in. I am eager to play football. Maybe I'm good at goal keeper position.

I wanna play too. Let me know when you find enough people. Each team 5 people is ok.

Hello all,

I'm a man living in HCMC, I think besides keeping fit improving friendly spirit and socialization through sports is a very good idea. So if I could do anything to help/assist your teams, please count me in gals! =)