Interpreter English - Hungarian

Hi everyone, does anyone know of any interpreter / translator in Budapest 14th or closer (Hungary) ? I am moving from France to Hungary in building a property as a private person and require help when coordinating with the builder and local authorities. Many thanks in advance

Aures99 wrote:

Hi everyone, does anyone know of any interpreter / translator in Budapest 14th or closer (Hungary) ? I am moving from France to Hungary in building a property as a private person and require help when coordinating with the builder and local authorities. Many thanks in advance

We've hired a local architect who speaks English to advise us and do all the plans and permissions etc.  Not so cheap but he knows the system and he is fully qualified.  Our builders also speak a bit of English. We're still working on their contract so we do not know how good they are. A straight interpreter/translator might not know how to take on the bureaucrats  I will send you a PM about the architect.

Ilona Palfalvi ***
She is in Budapest 13: retired schoolteacher, did interpreting with builders for me.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your personal contact on the forum for security measures.

Hi,
I'd like to help you out, as i've spent many yrs in engineering/architecture, as well as doing both translations, teaching  and interpreting, so pls contact me, *** for further talks,
with best regards
(when you refer to xiv, is this the district, as i'm in the 4th, which is pretty much nearby)  :)

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your personal contact on the forum for security measures.

There is a directory listing here for interpreters, and if you are coming from France and prefer to use French, one at least seems to do FR to HU:

https://www.expat.com/en/business/europ … erpreters/