Can an Indian working in IT find a Job in Hungary.

I am an Indian working in a software company in India.
I would like to work and move in Hungary.
Is there any way to find work in Hungary in IT?
If yes what is the process to do so.

It would be great if any one can help me.

Thanks in advance.

hi there are a lot of companies for IT support here.

It all depends if you are specialized in a specific area and/or if you have a valid residence/ work permit.

Yes I am speciliased in a specific area.I have 9 years experience in developin Web based appications in Microsoft.Net technology.
But I dont have valid visa or work permit.

Could you let me know how to get them?
or how I can explore my specialization in Hungary to get a job?

anindya_haldar wrote:

I am an Indian working in a software company in India.
I would like to work and move in Hungary.
Is there any way to find work in Hungary in IT?

Tata have an IT operation - they have  business in HU. Ask there and get transferred.  Otherwise without direct support, I'd guess it would be very difficult.

Try Tata here: Tata (Consultancy)

There are a fair number of .NET shops in Hungary all right, but Java is dominant.
There's a bigger issue though:
Since Hungary is in the "second cheapest" tier for IT outsourcing, there is a lot of smack talk of the tier below, with lots of negative generalizations aimed at Indian developers specifically.
So securing a job before committing to the move is probably a good idea. Should not be impossible, but it's going to be an uphill battle.

(BTW if I were a .NET guy, I'd go to the Caribbean instead: from the job ads it seems like it's Microsoft Paradise.)

Thanks szocske.
Could you please suggest me any companies/countries in Europe where I can find a Job on .NET.
If not Hungary then any other country in Europe will be fine for me.

Hello anindya_haldar

For a start you could place an advert in our section IT & Telecommunications jobs in Hungary to increase your chances of finding an employment in that field.

Regards
Kenjee

It's probably the same all through Eastern Europe :-/

Germany is a huge market for everything IT, so even if .NET is a smaller slice of the cake, you still need a forklift to get it on your plate :-) The UK too. Learning German or English is more useful than Hungarian, and the standards of living is higher.

The only thing going for Eastern Europe is a wide wage disparity between IT professionals and everyone else if you are into that: You are still not rich, but everyone else is poorer still, so you get their services at a fraction of your hourly rate.

Thanks szocske.
I guess pursuing jobs in Germany would be good.
Do you know any web siets which might help.?

I would strongly suggest looking into USA market. H1B visas are constantly being increased by US congress. Also there is a huge contingency of Indians in CA and NY/NJ area . Also US middle management loves Indian applicants. You would have equal or better chance than US citizen to get a job in USA. If you get work permit in US it works for all 50 states, while in EU you will be limited to one country only and if you loose your job in that country it is pretty much game over. Definitely look into moving to USA.