Job for foreigners in New Delhi

I have a friend who has studied civil engineering at Durgapur under a scholarship. He wanted to stay in Delhi to work for 2 years as a civil engineer. Will it be difficult for him to find a job?

Hi Please consider building up your resume before applying for a job. As an engineer, he may want to consider consider environmental issues and how the environment can benefit from his engineering background. One way of building up one's resume is by considering summer school opportunities or study based programs within India or abroad. There is an opportunity to attend summer school with the Center for Science and Environment. It is called the Challenge of the Balance. Please visit the Center for Science and Environment's website for more details or by searching for Challenge of the Balance on Google.

SnehaS17 wrote:

I have a friend who has studied civil engineering at Durgapur under a scholarship. He wanted to stay in Delhi to work for 2 years as a civil engineer. Will it be difficult for him to find a job?

Their are lots of job sources out their to get job in govt field & in private search on some of the job portals - (revesplacements.com/) if you like. There are many govt and private jobs are available in Delhi for Civil engineers. You can easily finds jobs online for the specific location for you want.

Are you you talking about your friend or you looking for job? Your statement is also not so clear. Is your friend a foreigner that studied and graduated in India? If so, then it MAY be complicated for him to find a job here. He needs to qualify first to India's requirement of minimum salary for foreigner, that is around USD2000/month(i stand corrected for the exact figure).

As one top manager in an MNC and an expat myself, we dont hire foreign staff if he cant contribute much or is not so critical to the company. Imagine, a "fresh graduate" with less to contribute to the company and you will pay that much of a salary. I can hire an experienced local for that amount. Normally, only consultants and managers are fired from outside India.