Ugandans living in Singapore?

Im godfrey planning to move to Singapore in a few months.I would like to get in tourch with Ugandans living in Singapore.

Hello Musasizi Godfrey! :)

Here is a short list of Ugandan expatriates in Singapore

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks let me get in tourch with them.

Hey guys, am a Ugandan living in Abu Dhabi but I would like to shift to Singapore but I have no clue what's there, no friends ,nothing..
Any kindly can hit me up , wanna get a cool job there .thanks

Kukki223: This forum is full of advice (not only from or for Ugandans, of course) on how to find a job in Singapore and move there. Please feel free to read and follow as much of it as you can. Good luck!

Alright , how can I start or wat can I do ..??
Thanks

You are planning to visit here to search for a job but didn't get time to google about this country? Beppi already informed you that we had post various information about how to find a job here (which is very difficult unless your experience is in demand in the market here). Spend time to read threads in category “work”. Good luck

Hi there am Steve a Ugandan but currently in the United Arab Emirates but I would like to be advised on how I can switch to Singapore for work issues. Thanks
Steven: You have come to the right forum for advice on how to find and apply for jobs in Singapore and what the available visa options are.
Please start by reading the wealth of information already available in the various related threads (the search function is a great help here and located at the top right of the page). The hard work, however, of fulfilling the requirements and convincing an employer that you are the right person for the job, can only be done by you yourself.
Good luck!
Thanks for the reply
Hullo guys, l wnba come to Singapore how can l get ajob.
Hullo guys, l wnba come to Singapore how can l get ajob.
- @Joeriah04
Basically the same as anywhere else: You need to find suitable job openings, apply for them, convince the employer that you are the right person to hire - and then fulfill the requirements for a work visa.
You can read lots of advice on this forum about each of these topics. Good luck!

Hallo. I am called Arnold. I have taken time to read through how I can be helped but the most thing I would require can I get intough with some one there who alist can receive me at the airport cz that's the most challenging thing then will sort the rest out .

Arnold: Arriving at the airport is NOT the most challenging part, but in fact rather easy in Singapore - you simply take a taxi (or MRT) to the hotel you booked, which is no problem at all!

Hello everyone,

Just to avoid any misunderstanding, Expat.com is not a recruitment agency. Here you can ask your questions and members of the forum will advise you as far as possible.

If you want to get a job, I suggest you create your CV in the Jobs in Singapore section.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@beppi am a Ugandan lady, I wa want to travel to Singapore. May you please guide me on how to get a job and travel documents?

@beppi am a Ugandan lady, I wa want to travel to Singapore. May you please guide me on how to get a job and travel documents?
-@joelianamuli39

You can only travel to Singapore OR get a job here. Arriving on a short visit visa and then finding a job is not possible!

Travel documents (passport) must be issued by your country's authorities

If you want to just visit: A tourist visa (SVP, valid for up to 30 days) can be applied for at your nearest Singapore embassy.

If you want to work here: You need to find a job first (and then apply for a work visa). This is quite difficult, but the forum gives you los of advice on how to go about it.

Im godfrey planning to move to Singapore in a few months.I would like to get in tourch with Ugandans living in Singapore.
-@Musasizi Godfrey

How can I get to Singapore

Hello hanifahmulindwa,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

The best way to get to Singapore or any other country is to first find a job.

I invite you to tell us more about yourself here > New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@hanifahmulindwa Why are you posting this on a "Ugandans in Singapore" thread, although you are German (according to your profile)?

Most people arrive in Singapore by flight. You can go to a travel agent or book a flight on the Internet. Germans (and Ugandans) can stay up to 30 days visa-free.

If, however, you want to live and work in Singapore, Cheryl is right above: You need to find a job and get a work visa before you fly.

Am an electrical Engineer by professional with a bachelor's degree and a Ugandan. How can I apply for the job in my profession in Singapore. I will be Soo great full if I get a positive feedback.

@dumbaedrian Just like everywhere else: Look for suitable employers / job openings and send in your convincing application. But keep in mind that, needing a visa, you are at a great disadvantage and any similarly skilled local applicant must be hired first (by law).

Me personally I tried to apply for jobs in Singapore but the only feedback I get from them they don't employee foreigners they only hire local people

@sharifanabikofu89 Yes, it is not easy to find a job in Singapore as a foreigner. Basically, you need to be skilled in a field where there are no locals available to hire - then the employers have no choice!

Am a Ugandan I have GCC heavy vehicle licence, how can I find an employer or driving company in Singapore for a job offer

@moseskenya12  A driving license is not enough to find a job in Singapore - did you at least check if yours is recognised or can be converted here?

in any case, you probably need a university degree or similar to have any chance.

@beppi

Am a Ugandan holding a diploma in electrical engineering with an experience of 5 years in domestic, industrial and transmission.Am also a certified driver with Ugandan driving permit.

How can I get employed in Singapore

U

You can get me on ***

Or Whatsapp me on ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Iwanyagafarooq,

Welcome on board !

While waiting for Beppi's response, may I suggest that you read the Finding a job in Singapore article to gather some infos ?

All the best,

Bhavna

How can I get employed in Singapore
-@lwanyagafarooq

Just like everywhere else: By applying for suitable jobs in your area of expertise!

This forum, and the page Bhavna mentioned above, can give you more useful advice.

And if you have further detailed questions, which were not yet addressed, please feel free to post them here!

Hi everyone, I'm a Ugandan been to china for 4 years . I came back to Uganda. I just learnt that Singapore is visa free for Ugandans . If so , who can help me get there , how to and how can I get to any companies that are looking for workers.

@davidmuwanguzi445 Please note that "visa free" means for short visits, not to live and work here - for that, everyone needs a work visa!

A travel agent or flight booking website can help you get to Singapore.

There are plenty of discussions on this forum about how to search and apply for jobs in Singapore. Please read them and follow the advice given there!

Dear beppi, is it possible to arrive on a visit visa, then you search for the job with in the stipulated time. If you happen to get then you return home and then process the work permit and travel back.

I will be waiting for your response

@michealkabol I think it is not possible to keep such a tight schedule if you start your search only after arrival here. So if you decide to do this, you should apply at suitable companies beforehand and mention that you would be available for a personal interview during your upcoming visit.

Also: You should not tell the immigration officers that you are looking fo a job (or have documents showing it in your luggage) - they can deny you entry into the country just for this, even though it is not illegal!

@beppi

Thank you for your quick response

According to you, is there any other way of applying for unskilled jobs because skilled and semi skilled are very competitive.

For example working on farms, causual jobs in industries and other areas which doesn't need qualifications. If yes, then how can one do it.

Thank you very much.

@michealkabol I recommend you do some reserach on your own before you post such questions:

• There is no agriculture in Singapore.
  • Foreigners working in unskilled jobs here must come from a short list of approved source countries - Uganda is not among them.

Unless you have a recognised degree or technical certificate, a few years applicable work experience and skills that are in demand in Singapore, I think you better look for another country to work in!