Cost of living

Hi,

I have got a job offer from "Mozar Center, Congo" I have many questions popping in my mind. Please help me:

1) They offered me $600 as basic +Accommodation + $300 LOCAL EXPENSES +$30 Telephone ex + Servant + transport facility. Is it sufficient to live and make a savings?

2) How is the profile of the company?

3) Is it safe to stay in Kinshasa, as an Indian and being a girl?

4) Can I travel back to India whenever I feel like?

They have not yet send me the offer letter. However, assured me to send it by the next week.

I await your response.

Regards,

Tanumita

Tanumita wrote:

Hi,

I have got a job offer from "Mozar Center, Congo" I have many questions popping in my mind. Please help me:

1) They offered me $600 as basic +Accommodation + $300 LOCAL EXPENSES +$30 Telephone ex + Servant + transport facility. Is it sufficient to live and make a savings?

2) How is the profile of the company?

3) Is it safe to stay in Kinshasa, as an Indian and being a girl?

4) Can I travel back to India whenever I feel like?

They have not yet send me the offer letter. However, assured me to send it by the next week.

I await your response.

Regards,

Tanumita

Hi and welcome to EB.

Whilst waiting for others to reply I suggest you read through the posts in the category section on the right hand side of this page.
You could also check out www.numbeo.com  this site will give you cost of living etc and also other information including safety.   

As far as travelling back to India this will be part of your of your contract which will state your travel arrangements that your employer will pay for as part of the contract. It is usually one return flight home every 12 months.

There is no mention of whether your employer supplies accommodation. You need to clarify this with them.

Hello,

Thanks much for providing such useful information. Just wanted to inform you I am still awaiting my offer letter from the company. In final round of interview, they assured me to provide with the accommodation. However, I want to be sure all their assurance should be in written form in the offer letter. You have not answered my last question, I have no idea about the company profile (Mozar Center). How is the company, can you please tell me?

Eagerly await your response.

Thanks much!

Regards,

Tanumita Chatterjee

Hello Tanumita,

I created a new thread with your posts on the Kinshasa forum for a better visibility. :)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Tanumita wrote:

Hello,

Thanks much for providing such useful information. Just wanted to inform you I am still awaiting my offer letter from the company. In final round of interview, they assured me to provide with the accommodation. However, I want to be sure all their assurance should be in written form in the offer letter. You have not answered my last question, I have no idea about the company profile (Mozar Center). How is the company, can you please tell me?

Eagerly await your response.

Thanks much!

Regards,

Tanumita Chatterjee

I know nothing about this company.
You should also check on the offer letter about medical insurance cover.

They must provide you accommodation ,otherwise this salary would be less