SALARY OF A MINING ENGINEER AT LUBUMBASHI DRC CONGO

Dear Friends,
I am working in a public sector undertaking as a mine planning engineer and my present CTC is around 12 lakhs INR/year. I had been offered a job of mine planning engineer near Lubumbashi. They are offering me 6000 USD net take home salary/month. Apart from these, 400 USD for fooding, free accomodation.

Kindly let me know the cost of living with a family in Lubumbashi and also about living condition there for a family

Regards,

GR

Hi verma,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will be bale to advise you.

All the best,
Christine

Hi,

You are lucky ! 6000$ is what they pay parliemantary membres monthly. You may need 1500$ per month if you have five kids or less if you are single. 500$ for single is good enough.

The whethear is Lubumbashi is nice and this is the most clean city in the Congo. The city of the president and one of the most peaceful city in DRC.

While you are in Lubumbashi, you can easily move around and visit others Eastern African countries by bus, car or flight.So, there are many opportubities in Lubumbashi.

Kisagaby

reallyur getting a nice opportunity my father is working there its pleasent life just fly off and enjoy

hello sir.,
famely expence in lubumbashi A GRADE MAXIMUM 600(HUS.WIFE & 2 SON WITH SCHOOL
FEES)

@verma

do you have an idea how much they pay mechanical engineers ath the same mines

@medaridop

This is an old (2012) inactive post so do not expect a reply.

The OP has been inactive too.

Closed