IFA's in and around KL

Hello,

I am looking coming in contact with Independent Financial Advisers in and around the greater KL area. Being mainly interested and investing myself in the "alternative investment" segment; hard assets, bitcoins etc. I mainly wish coming into contact with the Financial Adviser that is leaning towards being a freelancer rather than working under the microscope of a large corporation. Or maybe you have a vast and extensive contact network and can point me in the right direction?

Send me a PM and let's schedule a meeting ASAP!

BAKL

Financial advisers only work in areas where they can obtain commission on investments because that is how they make a living. So usually the investments they will suggest are based on that need to make money. Often the products are in an investment wrapper which is insurance-based, as they make most money out of that type of investment.  Alternative sector is unlikely to pay enough for an FI to be interested or, if so, they will offer the above type of arrangements.

Thank you for your input Gravitas. Yes, I agree with what you are saying and don't necessarily exclude anything not being an "alternative" form of investment. In my experience, the ones working more freelance tend to (again, in my personal investment experience that dates back roughly 15 years) produce better results and therefore they are the ones (mainly) I wish coming in contact with.

BAKL

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the PM's pouring into my inbox, I'm replying to them as fast as I can and scheduling meetings accordingly. Please keep them coming!

BAKL

Would also like to mention Renegade who recently hosted a seminar in KL last October on alternative investment. You can find them on the web and they offer some sensible investments. There are also structured notes  e.g. 10% p.a. Research Leaders Autocallable Income Note by Commerz Bank, or Normura 10% US Diversified Income Notes (these are past examples).

Gravitas wrote:

Would also like to mention Renegade who recently hosted a seminar in KL last October on alternative investment. You can find them on the web and they offer some sensible investments. There are also structured notes  e.g. 10 p.a. research leaders autocallable income note by Commerz Bank, or Normura 10% US Diversified Income Notes (these are past examples).

Great info Gravitas, will check out ASAP!

BAKL