Filipino in KL, Malaysia

• Page 1 / 2

#1 20 June 2012 03:04:23

jolens
jolens
Kuala Lumpur

Filipino in KL, Malaysia

Just want to know if there are any gatherings or meet ups for Filipinos living here in KL, Malaysia. I'm just in my 4th month here so I am looking for Filipino guys/gals to be friends with to atleast lessen the boredom of being alone and away with my friends and relatives. Friendship can start with a simple chat :)

#6 23 June 2012 11:26:10

freerange
freerange
New Delhi

Re: Filipino in KL, Malaysia

hi. am also a filipino .  My husband is considering to accept the offer in cyberjaya. WAs wondering if you could give us an insight on how much could be a good salary for a family with 2 children 4 and 5 years of age.

#8 25 June 2012 11:22:51

freerange
freerange
New Delhi

Thanks Jolens.  He was being offered RM20k/mo including taxes. More or less RM15k is the take home money.  Considering that the 2 children has to be enrolled in the international school plus motgage, plus to purchase a car plus house rent.. will that salary suffice?

#9 26 June 2012 02:55:55

jolens
jolens
Kuala Lumpur

Yes I think that is enough. I know families here earning 12K RM and is sufficient for them. You can enjoy the luxury of living here with that income. :)

#10 21 July 2012 17:24:33

stef alex
stef alex
Kuala Lumpur

hello, i am also a pinay coming to KL in few months.  we will be coming from down under and seriously considering the AISM (australian intl sch).  we'd visited the school at the mines resort and now deciding on where to relocate that is closer to the school.  we've seen the gita bayu, but still looking for other options.  can anyone recommend a good/secured area within that vicinity?  thanks.

#11 27 July 2012 21:10:22

edddy
edddy
kuala lumpur

why only u r looking for pino friends... why not other nationals.. do u have any prob with other nationals...
sorry i m not hurting u .. just making a point on u ... hope u dont mind.. lol

#16 28 October 2012 10:19:13

Coool
Coool
Kuala Lumpur

freerange wrote:

Thanks Jolens.  He was being offered RM20k/mo including taxes. More or less RM15k is the take home money.  Considering that the 2 children has to be enrolled in the international school plus motgage, plus to purchase a car plus house rent.. will that salary suffice?

have lots of expat clients own a house with 2 cars and 2 kids sending over to international school,12k is more than enough,some more still could have some saving for future. yours is more than more enough. lol

#17 10 February 2013 11:56:06

shaban shah
shaban shah
Kuala Lumpur

Make sure the facts are straight before you start drawing conclusions
If your words aren’t grounded in the truth, they will backfire.
Finish what is on your plate before you reach for another dish.
After you have figured out who you are, share yourself with the world.
Before you make a decision, be aware of how others see the picture.

#28 21 August 2013 12:27:33

Hi yiwenlee,

Can you please keep it in English on the Anglophone forum please so as the other members can understand your post :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

#29 22 August 2013 04:38:56

jolens
jolens
Kuala Lumpur

Hello Kabayans.. It's been a year since I started this conversation. I am already settled here in Malaysia and have lot of friends, not only Pinoys but other nationalities as well. I am now connected to an organization of Filipinos here in KL called KL Pinoy. Our organization is a registered group and recognized by the Philippine Embassy here in KL. The group is open to all Filipinos here in Malaysia.

#31 26 August 2013 11:25:16

kimchie
kimchie
Kuala Lumpur

Hi Jolens,

There are some meet ups particularly in St John.. Liek us, we have gatherign every week.. most of us are filipino coming from different places. How long have you been here in KL?

#32 20 October 2013 17:22:10

nickpooch
nickpooch
Kuala Lumpur

Hi, I'm Nick from Malaysia and i am 30+ yrs old. Looking for new friends. Call me at 012-2066291 if you're cool to make new friends.
Regards.

#34 27 November 2013 11:06:12

castleisiah28
castleisiah28
kuala lumpur

Hi jolens.. I'm also new here in kl..I'm also filipino.. I'm actually looking for a job.. I have a customer service background.. Can anyone help me? Do you know any call center that accepts foreign applicants?

#35 27 November 2013 11:06:20

castleisiah28
castleisiah28
kuala lumpur

Hi jolens.. I'm also new here in kl..I'm also filipino.. I'm actually looking for a job.. I have a customer service background.. Can anyone help me? Do you know any call center that accepts foreign applicants?

#37 27 November 2013 11:45:37

magihandran
magihandran
Kuala Lumpur

Dear friends, my client looking for MySQL Database Administrator for 6 month contract. Location Cyberjaya. Salary RM4500. If interest please email your update cv to magihandran[at]gmail,com

#39 05 January 2014 14:44:38

gmjusa
gmjusa
Koronadal City

Just arrived here in KL last week. I am staying at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail or TTDI. I am a Filipino as well, and dont know anyone here.

Anyone whom ca be my friend here?

#40 15 January 2014 06:23:14

SneakerGirl
SneakerGirl
Puchong

Hey guys! Jolens thanks for starting this thread. Im not new here in KL but I haven't been around. Hoping to meet fellow Filipinos here. Getting bored and I miss my social life already :)

• Page 1 / 2

4 members online in Malaysia

Expatriate health insurance Kuala Lumpur
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuala Lumpur.
>> Click here
Expat banking Kuala Lumpur
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Kuala Lumpur
A few tips from professionals about moving to Kuala Lumpur.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Kuala Lumpur
Don't worry and travel happy across Kuala Lumpur.
>> Click here