Toy Needed Urgently

My son is very specific.
He asked for a toy for Christmas. I couldn't find exactly what he wanted in Bahrain. I checked Toys R Us, multiple Centrepoint/Mother Care stores, a toy store in City Centre, and even wandered the Souk for a bit. I couldn't find exactly what I needed.

Not finding it here, I ordered the toy from the US. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, but it is now clear that it is not going to get here in time. Based on the tracking data it moved all over the US before stopping at one spot for several days now.

It is too late to order another one from the US, unless I want to spend $200 in shipping for a less than $10 toy that is.
I actually need it by Dec 16 (not Dec 24).

The toy is a yellow Toyota FJ Cruiser car. The doors have to open. It can't be remote control. Metal is preferred, but plastic is acceptable. It has to meet these specs or Santa will be ruined.

Any ideas?

Which site did u try to order it from ? And are you using one of the big shipping companies like aramix and DHL to deliver it here to BH ??

dear Stakan,

very unfortunate situation! I would suggest you asking someone in Dubai regarding the same.

good luck!

T&R
Arjun

I buy from all over the world and have the goods shipped to my home here in Bahrain. I use Aramex shop and ship account. Google it - your item will be here in 3 to 4 days. You will get a USA address along with about 12 others around the world. You set this address as your shipping address. Your item is shipped there and Aramex then fly it over here

It was sent by the US Postal Service to a military address here in Bahrain. It was supposed to be delivered in 3-8 days. It has been 10 days already and it hasn't even left the US yet!

I checked Aramex, but I understand it would take 3-6 working days once Aramex receives it from the vendor that I order from. That is too late for me now (I need it on the 16th).

I know people in Dubai, but I haven't found it online there and unfortunately I doubt they will have time to hunt for it for me. I will ask though.

Ok - shifting focus.
I bought a Toyota toy car today that matches the description, only it isn't yellow.
I'm afraid it won't work, but I want to at least try to paint it yellow myself.

When I was a kid there were model paints. Anyone remember those? Any chance they can be found in Bahrain?

Failing that, I think Acrylics might work. Where can I find Acrylic paints here? I only made it to Carrefour today by the time I got this car. They had one set of Acrylics, but each tube was tiny. I'd have to get multiple sets to get the amount of yellow I need. I'd prefer to just buy one bigger tube of yellow.

I'd try spray paint, but I am sure I would not mask it properly and I would just make a real mess in general with that.

Dear Stakan,

Union Stationary (exhibition avenue) is the best place to buy Acrylic paints, i have seen them in Geant as well (not many colors were available)
T&R
Arjun

isnt there places here to do paint jobs for toys ?

i'll see what i can find out for you buddy.
and its great news to find out that you at least managed to find what you want ( half what you want i guess lol )

I get acrylics from Ansar Gallery but Manazels mix paints to your requirements. They have metal paints etc too. Maybe go speak to them and see. Can you use spray paint but spray on to a plate and then brush it on? Seems like a heck of a lot of work for a toy. I find "no" works really well went my kids want the impossible :-)

Manazels sounds like what i need really, but I'm not going to have time to get there :(

Good idea on the spray paint onto a plate and then brush it too!

As for saying "No" it unfortunately isn't as simple as that. My son asked Santa for only 1 item for Christmas. It will be pretty hard to explain why if Santa doesn't bring it for him when he has been a good boy. And it isn't like he asked for something elaborate. It was a very modest request.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
I'm happy to update that the item has been found!

I had dug through every car in Toys R Us (and many other places) previously with no luck. My wife was there this morning and found a yellow Toyota SUV with doors that open! The sales person saw her digging and got into conversation with her. She said they they had gotten a new shipment and these were put out just this morning.

Crisis averted!

hey there Buddy

Glad to hear that you little angel will get what he asked Santa for christmas, im sure he will be extra extra happy and will never lose faith in Santa and the christmas spirit.

Guess i lost the coffee invit lol

marry christmas to you and your family my friend

Great news   :top:

awesome!  :top: great news!

merry xmas!

T&R
Arjun

Thanks everyone.

It never fails!
The tracking info had not been updated in days and it seemed the item was completely lost.
Then, within a few hours of my wife finding an alternative, the original item showed up!

I guess I panicked a little, but I couldn't just leave this to chance and had to find a way to ensure we could protect Santa's good name.

All is well that ends well.