Tuxedo/Dinner Jacket hire

Hi,

Does anyone know where we can hire a tuxedo/dinner jacket in Bahrain - need for 30th October

When you need help, it's like all over the Internet Jo :) I saw it on Mums-in-Bahrain, Expat-blog and somewhere else on Facebook I think :)

It looks like there isn't anywhere to rent a Tuxedo in Bahrain.

And what is wrong with that? If you need information quickly it is best to ask everyone you can.

Oh no nothing is wrong with that. I was just highlighting you were using all available channels. I have actually searched for places online but they all seem to be referring to closed up places. I'm asking my colleagues at work today. Hopefully I will be able to get back to you with something feasible by the 30th.

Thanks, I searched high and low on the internet before posting anywhere. No joy. I think you are correct that hiring is just not available in Bahrain :-(

I think when you can have a suit made for less than 30bd its probably not cost effective to run a hire business here!

Very true, it was the fact that he is so busy and needed it very quickly that he wanted to hire.

scottrace wrote:

I think when you can have a suit made for less than 30bd its probably not cost effective to run a hire business here!

Where can one have men's suits made here for 30 BD?
Are they any good?

Stakan wrote:
scottrace wrote:

Where can one have men's suits made here for 30 BD?
Are they any good?

At most tailors in the Souk's and the villages.  My son had one made for his graduation ball and it was done in a couple of days and seemed pretty good.

I agree that the souq is the best place. I have been advised though to buy your material elsewhere and get them to make it. They sometimes change the fabric you chose and paid for to one that looks the same but is a lesser quality.

Josnuggles wrote:

I agree that the souq is the best place. I have been advised though to buy your material elsewhere and get them to make it. They sometimes change the fabric you chose and paid for to one that looks the same but is a lesser quality.

Have never heard that advice - I guess they could still do that even if you buy the material and take it in.  A risk but maybe worth it when you are paying so little :)

A number of places in the souq. I use the services of a tailor and am quite happy with his work. Will be happy to introduce. Let me know.

That would be great Farhaz!
Thanks.

No hurry though. I won't get around to it until after the holidays.

Let me know when you are ready, and we can (literally) "take a hike" to the tailor. Happy holidays!