Looking for a tiny flat, room, shared accomodation...for February

Hallo everybody!
I'm looking for a tiny flat, room, shared accomodation - what ever!
I'll be in Yangon in February for an internship and need a place to stay!!
Can anybody help?
I'm a german female from Berlin and very much interested in Myanmar/Burma.
So I hope I can spend the February in Yangon and see much more of Burma. (Using "Burma" is a habit, not a statement.)
So, if there are any ideas - pls let me know!
Thanks and so long!

Hi,

I'll try to provide you some info as I'm in Myanmar at present and leaving in Dec'14. This is not shared basis but rent will be probably around USD 700-800 (may be 750) with kitchen and 2 BRs +2 Toilets + 1 Sitting Room at front. More interesting, No Contract !!!. But it depends on availability and you can contact them from now. This is in very posh area but room is clean with wooden floor and furnished. Many foreigners stay there and I never faced any issue for last one year.

If you want I can talk to the owner and give you their number.

Regards,
Suvajit Mitra.

I rectify myself, "This is NOT in posh area". It was a typo.

Suvajit Mitra.

Hi Suvajit Mitra,
thanks a lot for this very quick and very interesting information! Sounds really good to me!
Shared accomodation is not a must, it depends on the price of course. And the price seems - well - o.k. to me. Do you think so?
And do YOU live in this appartment right now? And what township is it in?
But there is one problem I have: for my plans are not absolutely fixed yet (but I should know by the end of next week) I can't really negotiate right now. Don't you think so?
But I'm really very interested in this flat!!
What do you think: is there any possibility?

Thanks again and best regards!
HeiB

Hi,

I will provide you the details once I check with the owner. I need confirmation from owner's end if i can share his/her detail. Hope you won't mind with this. Once I get the confirmation I will share you the detail through private message. you can send me a test mail at suvajitmitra@yahoo.com also referring the discussion at this forum.

Once I get the confirmation and provide you the details, please talk to them directly if you can get it or not during your visit. Its between you and owner.

Yes, I stay here at present and the owner has 2-3 such apartments. They are decent. hope you won't face any issue.

Suvajit Mitra.

Do u have a email id for my Agent to reach you ... Her name is Susan .. She found my current home.  She  can sepak n Write in english which helps a lot.. Just let her know your preference and she will give you a list of options to view. And you can decide from there. She is very helpful and flexible.

Thanks a lot for your reply! There is already one may-be opportunity (thanks to Suvaji Mitra!) but it's a bit remote. So may be " your " Susan can help!
My email: heibayerl@web.de

I sent her your email, hope you can find something nice and enjoy your internship. Do keep me updated if every goes well. Don't be surprise you need to pay for rental in advance in cash. In my case, we have to pay 1 year in advance for a 1 + 1 year contract. Good luck.

Hello!

I live in a fully furnished apartment three bed room apartment on fifth floor condo at Pun Hlaing GOlf Club west of Yangon. Since a second bridge has just been opened , there is no longer any delays in commuting. A shuttle bus service operates from the Estate to the City. I shall be away from my place from 6th. to 28th. Feb . There is a nice restaurant at the Golf Club within five minutes walking distance, a swimming pool and sauna/massage facilities at the Country Club close by,

I shall accept any reasonable offer as rental if you are staying for just one month.

Regards
KT LWIN

KT Lwin