Job Offer in Yangon: Concerns About Accommodation

I have been offered a position in Yangon with a housing allowance of 500USD. I can't seem to find much online for that rent. It seems only the very basic apartments (no air conditioning, no elevator, no hot water) are available. Funnily enough, I am more concerned about living with noisy neighbours and barking dogs. Sharing is not an option. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sorry to say so but $500 won't get you much. Real estate in Yangon is not much cheaper than that in New York. I rented out two two bd apartments at $4500 each this year.

^ Agreed

You would need to be willing to supplement the rental costs out of your own pocket to get anything reasonable for an expat rental without sharing with others.
$500 might get you a basic local flat - you would need to do some extensive groundwork though.

Consider asking for a bigger allowance from your employer.

[Moderated]
Will help you I am expat myself,  can't avoid noisy neighborhood, dog, flood
And so on
Stan

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No advertising on the website.Drop an advert in the Housing in Myanmar

Hi Tpm,
If you are looking someone to share, maybe we can rent a share flat in Yangon together.
As 500USD really not much choice.
Rgds
CH

Hi TPM and CH,

I just got a job offer and will be moving there in late Sep. I also have a limited budget for an accomodation too. If you are interested, we can find a decent place and share it together. Let me know.

Hannah

I am also moving to Yangon the beginning of September.  My company will provide housing for me, maybe I can help..

Hi Hanna,
Sorry for late reply, as I'm not always check Expat.com.
Yes, may i know when will you arrive Yangon? We can hunt for 1 2-3 bedroom aprt together.
Please let me know if you still interest.
Rgds
TCH

Hi
Just wanted to post an update. Found a decent fully furnished one bed apartment around Yaw Min  Gyi for 650 USD. I have hot water, air conditioing and am on the 2nd floor. They are out there. You just need a bit of luck.

Hi. I'm coming to Yangon on November 21, working near Thawanna stadium. I would welcome any suggestions I can get about accommodations.

BTW - great to hear that the elections seemed to go well.

Hello everyone,

@ Johndrader, you can also browse through the Housing in Myanmar section of the website, have a look at the adverts or even drop your own 'looking for" advert.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna. I will be looking through the housing ads and using Google Earth to check proximity of housing to my workplace. It's difficult to do before I arrive because I don't know what the neighbourhoods are like.

Hi, If anyone (foreigner) is interested to work as a part time or full time of teaching job, please contact on below number.
Rgds/Arshad

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Hi Arshad
I am interested. I am expat from UK and been in Myanmar for three years as PM

Thanks
Regards

Stan Ba-Oh

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Do not share personal contact infos on the public forum.

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your response. Please send your CV at xxx

What sand for PM? Please clarify. Thanks

Regards
Arshad

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange your contact details via our private messaging system. Click on the member's profile, you will see a "send a message" tab.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

$500? Are you serious?

Hi TPM112,
Ask your employer to provide you service apartment or the like.
How long you will be in Myanmer?

Good morning!
Hi all,
I am new to expat. I used to fly to Yangon in 2002 and 2003.
I spent about two weeks an each trip.
But about 10 ears I have not been to Myanmar.
Any good jobs available.
I am Mechanical & Electrical Manager  with a couple of years experience

Hi

Can I ask what course related?  I was planning to teach about garment merchandising.

Hi,I am an experienced English Language trainer currently seeking employment in Yangon. I hold a TEFL and I am a native speeker with a nautral accent.If you know of any suitable positions please contact me .Paul Mitchell      ***

Hello!

I am considering moving to Myanmar for a new job.

I wonder if is it easy to find a nice house with garden? It seems most people and adds talk about apartments or 'condos'.

If there are houses available, what is the price range for a house with 1 or 2 bedrooms  (or 3 if most houses are big, like here in central africa) and a nice garden (which is the most important part for us)?

Furnished or unfurnished?
In central areas or less central areas?

Thank you so much, for even a quick response.

Hello, I have one basic house in myanmar plaza, somebody want to share the appartamen with me for 400 $ until february

Hi Tpm,

I'm moving to Yangon to start a job in August. It's really tricky finding one bedroom flats! Do you mind if I ask you how you found yours? The rents are astronomical !

Thanks ever so much.
Liz

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

HI Liz,

it depends on the area that you need. within city area its ranging from USD.600 to 1500.
however, in some areas you can get even for 400.

if you are interested I can pass a contact of an agent.

Rgds
Prasad

Hi, I'm moving to Yangon mid of June for 12 months and I'm looking for a 1/2 bed FF apartment near the Dagon area (flexible) - anyone who's thinking about sharing I'm open to the idea, non-smoker, please. I'm usually out or at the gym and enjoy water sports. Patrick

Hi PatrickM1966,

Welcome on board  :)

i suggest you drop an advert in the Housing in Myanmar section of the website so that you may get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna