Phnom Penh Prices

Hi all,

I'll be moving to Phnom Penh in December. Going to be staying in a volunteer house for the first three months and after that I'll move in on my own.
I just wanted to hear from someone who is there at the moment and knows about the cost of living. I can live very basically, don't mind walking places, don't drink or smoke, and know how to make my money stretch.
Will $600 a month be enough for me to rent an apartment (I don't mind shared) and eat. I will obviously still catch the odd tuk-tuk as well.

Thanks for your help!

$600 more than enough, my 2 bedroomed is only $350 plus utilities, in a decent area. Apartments can be had for cheaper.

Thanks for the info. According to the other info available on this site and a few others, I'm pretty sure I've budgeted enough. If I can get away with less, I'll definitely want to. In your opinion what could I get away with?

I see you're a photographer, how is that working out for you there? I also hope to start my photography career, though much practice is still needed :)

If you want to live cheaply that is more than possible. Be careful who you share with if that is the route you decide to take, lots of strange characters end up in PP. You could probably find a decent apartment (bedsit) dor less than $200 and eating is cheap, if you eat local food. Photography business is hard but I just do it for the pleasure now, its certainly a good place to practice the skill as lots to see and people are less worried about pictures here than in the west.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3935/15343012037_5fe31eb76f_c.jpg

Great! I'm excited to start taking my photography seriously and developing my skills. Will definitely meet people first, before moving in.

Thanks so much for all the info. Hope all goes well with your photography.

Hi i have been reading most of your comments and it was very useful. My wife got a job offer to PP an engineering jod. WE are currently working in Singapore. I am also working at the same field. WE are considering to move in to PP and leave my work here at find a job in PP.

Is there any possibility of my employment if i apply locally in PP?

Thank you

600$ is enough..

But you aint living a life though..

At least 1000/pm and you still can save 150-300 per month..