Cost of Living in Phnom Penh

Guys
i am wondering what is the cost of living in Phnom Penh,

I got a job offer and i am wondering how is the living standard in Phnom Penh, i cant eat most of the Khmer dishes, so either have to cook by myself or eat out in the restaurants.

i just want to know what is the average cost of living in there accommodations, eating and so on.

Thank you guys and your answers are most appreciated

Z

How long is a piece of string?!

Cost of living will depend on many factors, including the type of lifestyle you choose to live. If you can provide some more information then the forum members will be able to provide the best possible answers to your query.

Where will your work location be?
What kind of accommodation are you after (shared/ 1 bedroom/ 2 bedroom, etc)?
What is your budget?
What is your preferred method of transport?
etc, etc.....

The cost of living in Phnom Penh is about 30% of a country like Australia, U.S etc. You can eat out for $2.00 but if you don't like Khmer food then Western will be more expensive at around $5-$7. Try staying for a week or two and see what you think. I don't know of any Westerners that don't like the place.
Cheers

Bryan.

hotels start at $20 per night or $600 per month includes breakfast apartments depends what part of phnom  penh
im living in the city centre over looking the royal palace I have a 2 bedroom apartment full furnished I pay $300 per month  don't eat at any roadside stalls restaurants a good meal round $5  beer 3 jugs $5   cocktails $4 for 2 that's happy hour happy hours run from 6am till 12 midnight but most places have about 4 hours per day from those hours printed
apartments start at around $120 for 1 bedroom per month water is round $5 per month power if you use aircon a lot round $10 month I have been living here for 3 years

[email protected]    john davison