Looking for Indian Community

Hi,
I am planning to move to Cairo in the month of November 2014.
I was looking to get connected with expats of Indian origin.
The sole objective is to find a familiar social / cultural environment & quick tips from them with regards to do's & dont's in Egypt.
I can be contacted on my email: [email protected].
Best Regards,
Sachin

hello

welcome and hope to see u sometime when you are here.

there is a indian cultural centre and local community which is very strong and well connected. everyone will be glad to welcome you and i am sure you will have a good time..

there is no dos / donts - local egyptians are warm friendly helpful kind and fun loving and are always willing to talk to indians and they love and respect us as a community from the time amitabh bachan was here long back...

have fun....

Thanks you for your response.
It is heartening to know that there is a well connected Indian community there.
Since I will be coming there for the first time - please advise what are the bare necessities that I need to bring with myself from India & what is the stuff that is easily available there (i.e. medicines, spices, utencils like pressure cooker etc).
I would really not want to carry anything extra which can be bought there.
Look forward to hear on the above.
Gradually packing my bags while the work visa formalities are getting processed  :))

Bring your own Indian spices the Egyptians are okay but some smell really different and funny, bring red chilli powder, tikka powder, aldi, zeera, crushed chilliz atta as I did, also besan powder, an  I think u can find pressure cooker here, by all utensils here just bring spare old pan to start u off with if u are moving to unfurnished flat.

Thank you for your helpful advice Sarazakariya. I will include it to my packing list :)
Speaking of the flat - How much is the rental difference between unfurnished versus furnished flat?
My work place will be at Smart Village.
Can anybody share what would be reasonable place to stay near Smart Village?
Since I will be initially staying alone - how much will a 1 Bedroom flat cost? What are the options in terms of housing near Smart Village?
I would welcome any recommendations from fellow comrades living there.

These may help too:

Indian Community Association in Egypt

ICAE FB Page

Twitter Feed #Egypt