How do Egyptians treat Orthodox blonde with blue eyes?

Hi, I am Elena, from Moscow, but live in Canada now, planning to move to Egypt with my boyfriend because of his business, I am orhtodox by religion, blonde with blue eyes, just wondering how egyptian people treat women like me and life in general? Pleaese if you can send me a few words, will be great.

Thanks a lot,
Elena

Hello Elena and welcome on board!  :cheers:

Kindly note that a new thread has been created on the Cairo Forum as from your posts so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards

Kenjee

its a strange question in fact !!!
but anyway Egyptian people are not racists and are not fanatic at all and 10% of Egyptian people are Christian orthodox , my advice to you is that just have a good Egyptian friends here that's all and don't worry about anything Egyptian are the most passionate Generous Nation ever.
Mohamed

Hello Elena.
I am Orthodox too (I am from Greece)
I can say that Egyptians are not racists against other religions, or at least I didn't face something like this the last 1.5 years that I am living here.
About the second part (blonde with blue eyes), iI believe that you have to be conservative here. From the way you are dressed, the way you are talking, the way you interact with egyptian men. In general I can say that they are friendly and polite, but there are some "strong" minorities, that can make a foreign woman (especially blonde with blue eyes) to feel very bad.

Hello Elena,

Regarding being orthodox, Egyptians in general are not racist towards other religions, not the Islam and Christianity at least (maybe they're for Jews). 10% of Egyptians (~12 million people) are orthodox, me, like many have orthodox friends so it's even common here. 
About your nationality actually Russians are a lot in Egypt, especially in Sharm El-Sheikh, Hurghada and other touristic cities. Speaking of the Egyptian crisis after 2011 the Russians are the only people who come to Egypt whatever happened. hotels there are never empty of Russians!

but speaking about being blonde with blue eyes is strange question, i don't get your point, can you explain more please what is the matter with that?

Tarek sorry i contradict with u, even Jewish People they are respected by Well educated people but maybe hated from only egyptian people whom didn't have enough share of education.

Depends on ur dressing and the way u talk !

Welcome Elena,,
dont worry from ppl here in Egypt, they are friendly and very kind ppl, and about the blond hair & blue eyes its normal to them, as there are alot of blondies with blue eyes living here & thousands of tourists are here :)

and you asked to be on my contact list.... we can bump into morons on the street no need add them to our contacts... your point of view stinks

Hi all,

I think everything have been discussed in this thread according to this topic. Therefore I am closing this thread. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Closed