Just arrived and a little lost!

Hi

My colleagues and I just arrived in town this week from London on a year assignment.  We moved into an apartment in Rehab but, as most of you may have experienced, I personally feel very lost.

I came across this site and thought I join to see if anyone has some advice.

I'm French and my colleague is English

Hope to hear from you soon

Rgds
Stephan

y lost ? if any question , or any help i can do , i can give a hand

Hello Stphan, and welcome to the forum, you've started in the right place. This is a great place to express your views, get some tips on places to go, and meet like minded people.

Look at the posiitive side, you will wake up each morning  to sunshine and endless clear blue skies for a year. You will not be having to face cold wet mornings, storms or the threat of flooding as is happening currently across the UK.As a result you will be more relaxed, have more time to read, to think and enjoy a better quality of life without the rush and hustle and bustle of London life.

There are any expats on here living in your area, who will share similar interests, be it diving, golfing, theatre, beach days, just reach out to them, suggest you meet up for a coffee, there are any great coffee shops in Cairo and a lot more culture than other parts of Egypt. Hurghada seems to be devoid of culture, unless you join one of the Oasis Bedouin evenings in the desert to hear traditional music there is little or nothing happening here. So you are lucky to be in Cairo, where you have history on your doorstep.

Be adventurous, book a Nile cruise, you will love Luxor and especially Aswan, an enchanting town.

As time goes by you will love Cairo more, and you will make friends. Explore the back streets, it's where you will find the interesting shops, the friendliest people and the best cafes and restaurants, the places where the locals eat.

I wish you a happy and fulfilled stay in Egypt.

Hello,
First welcome Egypt
hope that u enjoy your staying here
first you should to account all your needs starting from the most important here and try to cover all with safety ways ,
then u need to know your steps next (accommodation - transportation way to your important distances , etc
and we could help if we can anytime
it will be a pleasure that every one enjoy here and find the right way to do that

welcome to Egypt, if you want we can all meet and hang out any time :)

welcome to the site, once u r here, u dont have 2 feel lost, we r in a way, brothers and sisters, sharing ideas, opinions, advices and information, u can contact us here and ask any question about anything, anywhere anytime, the members are very friendly and always helpful

take care

UMMHAMDI,

Yeah! it was so helpful to everyone who are new in Egypt.

Highly appreciated to those who made this site.

Everyone are welcomed!

Thank you!

hey Stephan

im living very neer from you, i only speak english. [Moderated: no phone number on the forum pls]

have a good day
Elwan

Hi
There's a very nice clubhouse in Heliopolis for ex-pats called the Euroclub.  The link to their Facebook page is
facebook.com/EuroClubHeliopolis?ref=ts&fref=ts    This should tell you all you need to know.  It's very welcoming and friendly.  Good food and inexpensive drinks.  The Rehab bus stops very near to the club.  There is a map on Facebook.

Maybe see you there

Best wishes

Judith

Hello Stephan, wellcome to Cairo!
I am Mike, fro Greece, and I live in Cairo the last year.
I used to speak French, but since it has been longtime from the last time I practiced them, I almost forgot :)
If you and your colleague are interested, we can arrange a coffee or a drink. PM me if you are interested

Mike

I used to live in england as well, and now am back to egypt and also live in rehab, would love to make new friends and also hope that i could help around here. Am still getting used to be back here again but would be great to make friends, please message me...
Thx

Hey, Welcome to cairo.  I don't think u will be lost for long with all the replies and the great people over here that are willing to help. In case u r interested in meeting a group of locals to hang out with just let me know, it will be a pleasure.

Regards

oh is this a dating site, why dont you register in one of the dating sites to get a man

shame you sound desperate for a man, hahahahaha, a decent, self respecting woman wont advertise herself like that, your picture tells it all........am not suprised about what you said..... there is still more that you can say about your "habits" maybe your are a sex addict

what a cheap woman i have ever met, disgusting, you downgrade yourself to this level......oooooof,  try to be some sort of decent once, not so slutty

Hi, I am American so I know how you feel !!!! You can find a lot to do here if you can manage to get around the traffic is so bad ughhh !! I live 2 hrs from Cairo in a smaller village but I love going to Cairo to the American mall the IMAX

Hi ! I am from USA so I know what you mean !! You will get use to it in time , can you speak Arabic ?

but the traffic in Tanta not so bad as it is here in Cairo

i live in rehab city if you need any help just semd me a msg

hi , i'm egyptian , can speak 4 languages , french is sadly not included , went to europe several times , visited london too ,and i like to make new friends , i don't live in rehab actually , but that won't be a problem anyway , as you would want to see many places in cairo and hang out outside of rehab too , i'm always interested in making new friends , if interested , hit me up , cheers

Dear:
when i was in egypt i have gotn the same problem ,till i found  a expat service agency ,you try to found one it is better and safer than ads they care about your safety ,and privacy they help you to know streets ,from where you buy your things ,any thing you need they provide it
this is my advice to you i lived in egypt three years3monthes  i was looking only

regards

Welcome in Cairo steph.