Expats lost in maadi !

Hi all, i m living and work in maadi since less then 1 year.
I m italian working for a company in oil &gas sector.
Maadi is a nice place, but just a little bit boring(in the long term),
If anyone of you is interested to have new friends with whom plan nice evenings, dinners, weekend, etc, please let me know. May be we can wake up Maadi !!
We can create "Maadi Expats Group" (but everyone interested will be wellcome , not only from Maadi)
What do you think ?

Hello Guly.

I think that it is a great idea. :)

Why don't you make some suggestions? Other members might be interested. You can propose a date, an hour and a place.

Thank you,
Aurélie

you're more than welcome to join the group I'm in. We tend to go everywhere in Cairo. We may be having a meetup in about 2 or 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted. At the moment we have a couple of Brits, an Italian and 2 Americans. just let me know. I also work in Maadi on 14th street so it would be great to meet new people.

Yes, thanks , i will join you for sure.
Let me kmow how can i join you,
in 2 or 3 weeks is fine, i m here .. Anytime.
I work in degla sq in maadi by the way.
Ciao
Guly

I'll send you a private message.

I'm also extremely bored in Maadi....I work on rd 208 I'm new so I don't know how far or close that is to you but if you all are planning something I'm def down!

I'm also an expat lost in Maadi. Moved to the Degla area recently. If anyone wants to get coffee sometime, let me know!

Maadi boring? I thought it was "supposed" to be one of the best places for foreigners to live.. I guess any place can become boring after you spend too much time there.. **shrugs** :)

Nice to meet all of you!
I will be in  Italy from Wednesday till Friday, so Let's meet on Saturday evening in maadi?
Any suggestion ?
Villa 55 ?

just being in road # 9 wont make you feel that bored...

don moe wrote:

just being in road # 9 wont make you feel that bored...

I ditto that. it is truly a great road. lots to do on road 9

Hi all, I am here new in Cairo and I am living in Maadi ... thats a good idea, could you please tell me if there is any meeting ... Thanks :)

I'm from maadi,cairo :) i can help u. I'm also search for new friends i traveled before to france and russia. i live near to degla square ( 2 min on foot )

You can join the weekly meeting, lots of people go there, from all over the world, check out the sticky, i was there tonight and there was around 25+ people, u can make new friends and find even more events/plans to do around here, its a good community

hey man, we are here :)
if you need any help send my a message :)

Guly wrote:

Nice to meet all of you!
I will be in  Italy from Wednesday till Friday, so Let's meet on Saturday evening in maadi?
Any suggestion ?
Villa 55 ?

I just past by Villa 55 on road 9 the other day. it looks nice, it's right across the street from the metro station (sakanat al maadi). It looks ok from the outside but not sure what it looks like on the inside. I did hear good reviews about it though. it's a worth a look.

Xaviar wrote:

You can join the weekly meeting, lots of people go there, from all over the world, check out the sticky, i was there tonight and there was around 25+ people, u can make new friends and find even more events/plans to do around here, its a good community

how i can check out the sticky ?! :)

meems74 wrote:
Guly wrote:

Nice to meet all of you!
Any suggestion ?
Villa 55 ?

I just past by Villa 55 on road 9 the other day. it looks nice, it's right across the street from the metro station (sakanat al maadi). It looks ok from the outside but not sure what it looks like on the inside. I did hear good reviews about it though. it's a worth a look.

55 is a good choice ;)

please inform me when will u go :)

meems74 wrote:
Guly wrote:

Nice to meet all of you!
Any suggestion ?
Villa 55 ?

Villa 55 is a great place, especially if you have kids, as they have a small clean secured playing area, a closed place inside the Villa plus an open area outside to sit and enjoy....interesting menu too.

meems74 wrote:
Guly wrote:

Nice to meet all of you!
Any suggestion ?
Villa 55 ?

I have been there some times in may and June. In the pub downstair there was life music every Tuesday. The pub is small , but the music was nice.
I don t know if now they started again to play life music on Tuesday , i will check.
By the way, it s ok to spend a couple of hours in the middle of the week without go too far.

not a problem. just let me know when you get back. I'm not far there at all.

yeah great idea guly

can i join :$ ?

i live in maadi in 9 street beside thomas cook it would be nice to know new friends :)

Suuure!
Let's do it next Tuesday ?

All are wellcome

in villa 55 ?

Yes

cool my egyptian friends will come with me i just want to know which one i should contact and call give me phone number

ivo raspudić wrote:

can i join :$ ?

Bok Ivo,
Jesi ti jos uvijek u Kairu?

can i join ? :)

I'm also lost in Maadi, and i like to meet new people. I like to
join you next Tuesday. who should I call to arrange for this?

@Fishcro - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi there, English it is!
What's up in maddi? Any action 4 this evening as i am getting really bored by staying at home..

Hey guys,  is this offer still standing - if yes I want to join you - I've moved to Cairo since only 5 months and I have no friends yet - I live in Maadi where my workplace also - Maadi area very boring, especially if you do not have any friends - what I have to do to join the group, please advice

Guyz.. u made me so excited for a near event!! any soon gathering??! :)

I'm reviewing the post again and I found it an old post, made on September, I don't know why it appeared on top as a new one. And some people post their replies recently as if it's still active. I'm currently confused. Will it be a meeting this Tuesday 30th of  October in Villa 55? and who will be there?

Nice idea Malda, I am IN !! Who else is IN guys??

Malda wrote:

I'm reviewing the post again and I found it an old post, made on September, I don't know why it appeared on top as a new one. And some people post their replies recently as if it's still active. I'm currently confused. Will it be a meeting this Tuesday 30th of  October in Villa 55? and who will be there?

guess its better thats you create a new topic, concerning weekly meeting in maadi!

people will join, be sure of that!

don moe wrote:
Malda wrote:

guess its better thats you create a new topic, concerning weekly meeting in maadi!

people will join, be sure of that!

you're right , we need a new topic concerning weekly meeting in maadi , i will be the first one to say ( I am In  )

when will that start ?