Somali Language Classes?

Hello,

I am currently planning a budget to live in Nairobi for a year (2012-2013) conducting research and working with displaced Somalis.  Per my program, I am required to take Somali language classes while there.  I have not found any information on classes or tutors - would anyone know of a center, school, or private tutor offering lessons in Somali?  Also, do you know the estimated pricing for Somali language classes?

Thank you for your help.

Gabriella

Hello Gabriella and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to post an advert in Nairobi classifieds > language classes section. This may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hello Gabriella,

I am planning to have a similar experience in Kenya for 1 year. To learn Somali, to make some research work and to get in touch with the Somali community in Nairobi. I hope you've been able to conduct your research, in case can I have some tips from you?

Thanks and all the best

Giacomo

@ Giacomo > Do note that this thread is old and that Gabriella has posted only once on the forum, as such i think that you will not receive any response from her.

In order to help you, i will advise you to create a new thread with your questions on the Nairobi forum for more visibility.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla, thanks a lot, I surely will!

All the best from Italy

Giacomo :top: