Vets in Mosta

Hi, ~
Our four year old westie collie has developed a nasty itchy rash on her belly and trunk. I have seen two tiny mite type things on her (they don'y loo or move like fleas) and have treated with flea shampoo and a flea collar but it doesn't seem to be doing much good.......anyone know a good vet in the Mosta area or have any experience of this??
Thanks!,
Vicky

Hi Vicky,
Excellent question and we would be very interested in the replies as Linda and I will be arriving in Mosta for 6 months on 02 Aug with our 2 welsh border collies. Thanks for posting.
Roy & Linda :)

The vet that we have used for almost four years is Dr Buttigieg.  He is in Mosta and his phone numbers are : 9947 8289 and 2143 2280.

I cannot give you the address at the moment as we are touring in Italy and wifi is limited but you can search the internet for his address.  There are TWO vets in this Practice, both are very understanding and thorough.  I can probably give you the address tomorrow when I go back to our motorhome and check our dog's paperwork.  It is Saint something's Surgery!  We enter Mosta from the second road past the camping and hunting shop, not from the main road into town.  Let me know if you still need the address.  Terry

Hi Terry,
Many thanks and we will make contact with them/him. I found it for you/everyone as follows:
MOSTA
ST. SIMON'S VETERINARY PRACTICE. Phone:  2143 2280
53, Giorgio Grognat Street, Mosta.
Dr Anthony Gruppetta D.V.M. Dr. Mauro Buttigieg
Thank you.
Roy

Hi Roy and Linda,
aand thank you so much Terry and Roy. Enjoy Italy!

Vicky and Waka wrote:

Hi, ~
Our four year old westie collie has developed a nasty itchy rash on her belly and trunk. I have seen two tiny mite type things on her (they don'y loo or move like fleas) and have treated with flea shampoo and a flea collar but it doesn't seem to be doing much good.......anyone know a good vet in the Mosta area or have any experience of this??
Thanks!,
Vicky

Hi Vicky,
Just curious to see how the pooch is doing etc? All Ok we hope.
Roy

Hi Roy, Much better thanks, I savalonned her itchy bits and treated with flea powder, shampoo and collar and she is her old self again. I did speak to the vet though. He was very helpful and did mention not to bother making an appt just to pop by and that his new hours were until nine on mon, wed, thurs, fri.
I still need to take her I think though, to register her? Am just stalling cause my husband is away at the minute and the kids are all shattered by that time of evening!
When are you guys heading over?