Cat hotel or -sitter in Malta?

We have to leave for a while soon. Does anyone have experience with a reliable person I can pay for taking care of our beloved cat?

Hi Bee B,

for how long are you away ?

Is it a male cat or female ?

Regards
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

We will be away for about two weeks. The date is not fixed yet, probably the late August/early September.
He is a male cat.

Regards,
Bee

Hello Bee B,

Are you wanting the cat-sitter to visit your cat daily in your own home, and would it be locked in or still able to use the cat flap or whatever means it uses to go outside? Or are you thinking of it staying at the sitter's place?

Hello,
To be honest I don't know yet because we are going to move at the end of the month and haven't found the new place. Depends on the future flat how safe it will be for him to stay locked inside. (I mean overheating for example)
At the moment I say it would be better to take him to the sitter's place.
Thank you for your reply,
Bee

If you were able to leave the cat in a house/flat where it knew the territory and was able to still go outside when it wanted to, the ideal set-up would be a cat sitter visiting on a daily basis to feed it and give it 15 minutes brushing/pampering time. If you send it to unknown premises and you are not there it will wander off and try to find you or it's previous home. As a 'cat-lover' and having to deal with moving from place to place with cats many times I would advise you to take kitty to cat kennels while you are away. It would be safe there and would spare you the heart ache of it going 'awol':)

I agree with you, that is why I also asked about a cat hotel (kennel) in Malta. My cat is 7 years old and unlucky enough to live in different parts of Europe. We found very good kennels when we lived in Hungary and the UK. Now we moved to Malta 2.5 months ago and need to visit our family at home in the early September and I started to look around to find the best solution for him. Believe me I'm very fussy about him! :)

It seems this company does Dogs and Cats

tattargakennels.com

No affiliation just giving you a response ;)

Julian

Here's hoping you will find the right place. We will be moving to Malta next year and was interested to read your request as I have done cat sitting (in their homes), it's very rewarding as the cats just love the brush/pampering as they get quite lonely. It looks like it's a service I could offer to expatriates as we all need to go back home for a few weeks to catch up with friends and family:)

i am starting a cat hotel as i have a studio maisonette attached to my house and very experienced in both dog and cat care ....from the safety point of view reputable cat kennels are good however cats can get very stressed out with the smell and noise of other cats plus certain viruses can be transmitted as happens at cat shows....cats are best in their own environment however they will be isolated unless someone lives in ....which is what i do and pay someone to look after my dog and 2 Siamese cats when i go to the uk.....my cat hotel would only be for one  cat /or cats in the plural of one owner as they all live together in one house, at a time...i fully appreciate fussy owners as i am one myself and totally understand the anxiety that animal lovers go through and hope that my cat hotel when in sittu will provide that...also knowledge of health care needs is so important and sometimes relying on people can be a hit and miss affair unfortunately.....
maria

I have used tattargakennels.com for my Siamese girls and they loved it. It also got them used to the sound of dogs around and they enjoyed having cat neighbours the other sode of the fence.

Thank you very much, Jaycatz!

I saw a poster for a service called Hannah's Pet Care Malta, so that might offer what you're after. Maybe google it?

Oh, I just found it's facebook page which may be of use.
facebook.com/pages/Hannahs-Pet-Care-Malta/157575227650052

Hope this helps

Hi! Thanks very much! I'll check it up.

HI I WOULD BE WILLING TO LOOK AFTER YOUR BELOVED CAT HE WILL HAVE HIS OWN ROOM IF YOU LIKE BUT NOT ISOLATED FROM ME AS I WOULD CARE FOR HIM/HER AS IF IT WAS ONE OF MY OWN I HAVE JUST TAKEN CARE OF MY FRIENDS CAT FOR 6WKS WENT HOME VERY LOVING SHE SAID TO ME WHAT HAVE YOU DONE MY CAT HAS BECOME VERY FRIENDLY HAHA

Dear Catsheila,
Thank you for your message! We are leaving in the 2nd half of October. We haven't decided what to do with Macika, and I'll concider your offer!
Kind regards,
Bea

ok just e.mail me im always home and if i don't hear from you have a nice holiday regards sheila

Hello.

I usually do cat sitting for friends, I have lots of experience and LOVE to have them at home!

I'm portuguese, at home in Portugal I have 3 cats so I have lots of experience dealing with them.email me at [email protected]

Bye!

hi Bee B as you live in birkirkara do you go to Mrs Borg the vet if so if you have any doubt about me just mention my name to her as i have been going to her for 20years plus

Catsheila,

Hi, I'm looking for help with my 3 cats for 3 weeks.
Are you available mid jan?

Kind regards

Hi Anitadevs,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread dated 2010.

If you want to employ someone to help you with your cats, i advise you to post an advert in the Personal and household services jobs in Malta section.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello,

My name is Anna and I live in Macedonia. I'm comming to Malta at 28th of July 2014 and I'm looking for a job there. I'm an animal activist in my country, taking care of street dogs and cats and adopted two animals, dog and a cat, living together. If you need someone to help you with your work, a responsible person who adore animals, children and nature, please contact me...
Im a sociable, friendly, open -minded and responsable person.
If you have some offers, plese do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]!
Thank you! :)