Help! school transferring to Riyadh

Hi, I have a emergy issue about school transferring program. Please help me.

I and my family are living one GCC country now. My son is studying in Grade 2 of one international school.  In July, I have to move to Riyadh and my son need transfer to a school for next term. Normally, he need register Grade 3 for next term.  When I talked with Abdualaziz international school. They told me if my child want to transfer to their school, he has to repeat grade 2 for one year. And they told me that's the law of saudi (If anyone transfer to saudi from other country, he has to repeat old grade for one year ).   I feel so unreasonable. My son has an excellent school record. How can I image he need waste one year on repeating. It definitely ruin his confidence and interest.  So, I have some questions as following:
1. Is it true about the law of saudi ?
2. Do you have any school transferring experience ? Please share it.
3. Do you know whether it is same in other school ?
4. If I don't mention transferring, can my son apply a seat through an entry exam directly ?
5. Do you have any suggestion to resolve the problem ?

I am so anxious for it.  Please share your opions as detail as possible.

Thank you very much!

No, that's not a law, they are lying.

Why don't you look at the British school or the American school?  They won't give you nonsense like that.  They will give your son an admission test.

we transferred to the multinational school in April of last year and just finished the current grade. and continued in Sep for the following grade. No issues at all.

Hello There,
I passed through that last year, repaeting a year is not true so do not worry.
First you have to select a school and then your child should have an admittance test or an interview, then you should submit the required documents and then you should pay the fees and thats it.
The documents as i recal were:
1. Iqama copy for parents and child
2. Birth certificate - stamped and certified by the saudi consultate in your country
3. Previous school certificate -something to prove whcih grade he/she reached- also stamped and certified
4. Vaccination record

You should contact the school and get thier required docs to make sure

Thank all of you so much!

Hi, Agouz. could you tell me which school did you choose.

I chosed abdulaziz, because both my child current school and they belongs to SABIS education group and i want a smooth shift with little impact to child.

I totally cant understand why they give me different story.  I will double check it again and share the feedback to you.

Thank everyone again.

A schoole named "Dar El Sahafa" it is located just behind AIS (Abdelaziz International School), it is an international school too with libaneese management.
I have been with them this year and I do intend to continue next year also.

How about the quanity of Dar El sahafa ?  Is  their system same as abdulaziz school (SABIS)?  SABIS system is a mix system. It isnt a pure British education system and the progress is faster than British school.  So thats why i have to choose abdulaziz school, another school of SABIS.

Im very glad to hear your suggestions!

And if anyone have experience of transferring to abdulaziz school, please tell me:-)

thank you!

it is american only.
I am quite satisfied with the staff and the managment of the school and the feedback i get frm the school about my kids.
I dont know anything about AIS so I can not compare the two, what I know that it is defintely cheaper :)

I can't find the website of Dar el ola school.

Could you recommand some good international schools to me  ?  American school is preferred. 

My son is studying in grade 2. When he transfers to British school, need he register Year 4 ?

Thank you!

Hello,
I do not know about british schools system.
There are alot of international schools at Riyadh it will depend on your home location, and then search for nearest good international schools.

There is also Al Rowad school, I hear it is good.

Can someone help me for my 2 daughters admission in economical international school near Arouba street (near King Khalid Eye Hospital) in Grade 3 & 4
Thanks a million

I recommend  two schools for you the first is only till grade six but it is excellent one named Learning Caravan it made big difference for my son it is between king Fahd road and Takhsosy st.you can search for it on the Internet
The other one is Saud international school Tahlia street
Regarding repeating the last academic year, I think it is a mater of age, because there is a role regarding the age and the birth date of the student and the date of starting the academic school year.
Dr. Hazem