Searching for friends, and changing perspective on Montreal

I'm going to return to Montreal this May - September 2014. I would be lovely if I could meet up with people while I'm there and start building a network of friends. I think it could help me too to hear stories and personal experiences from other expats. It can give me clarity on whether I want to stay in Montreal or not next year.

[Moderated: Off topic.]

Have you heard of Meetup? I joined it and made lots of new friends after moving to Toronto last year. There's a group for every type of hobby imaginable! :D

Yes, I have checked out Meetups, cheers :)

It can be more difficult to find friends and establish social life in Canada than it is to move down here. While Canadians are quite friendly I found it rather hard to make friends when you move here as an adult. What helped me (I live in Ontario) was to look for people to share my interests with. I became closer to some and with others I kept playing sports and exercise and it was still fun even though we did not become close friends. Websites that help you find partners for your favourite sports can help or Kijiji under Relationships section (it takes a while though to go through all the ads and pick those that interest you) or NeedSomeBuddy.com for people with different interests. Hope those ideas help. Good luck!