Kindly provide info on Cost of living in Oman/Musqat

Top urgent

Dear All;
My name is Sikander from India working in KSA, I got a job offer in Oman/Musqat for post of Project Engineer in power & energy sector, my offer is 1800 OMR + Accommodation 450 OMR/Month + company Car+ medical and paid vacation with ticket round trip to india .
kindly reply to my following query,
1-Cost for Food (non veg)for Husband&wife + 3 kids.
  Electricity and LPG and drinking water approx 300liter/month
2-cost of primary education in indian school per kid.
3-Rent for 3BHK apartment in new building & good locality.
4-Internet charges for unlimited download
5-Per month charges for Satelite channel
6-Telecom cost daily call to india for on an average 10 Mins
What will be my savings in INR per month.

Thanking in advance

Answers to all your queries have already been provided in detail, here in this forum.

All that you have to do take the effort to locate and read them !

Is this offer competitive?
Please rank
ok/good/best?

Welcome to Expat.com Sikander!

As Sumitran mentioned, browsing through the forum might help.

Harmonie.;)

engineer.sikander wrote:

Top urgent

Dear All;
My name is Sikander from India working in KSA, I got a job offer in Oman/Musqat for post of Project Engineer in power & energy sector, my offer is 1800 OMR + Accommodation 450 OMR/Month + company Car+ medical and paid vacation with ticket round trip to india .
kindly reply to my following query,
1-Cost for Food (non veg)for Husband&wife + 3 kids. - (R.O.200/- per month)
  Electricity - (R.O. 30/- per month) and LPG - (R.O. 30/- for the first cylinder and R.O. 2.5/- for every replacement cylinder) and drinking water approx 300liter/month - (5 Gallons / 18.5 Liter Can of water costs R.O. 1/-).
2-cost of primary education in indian school per kid. - (R.O. 125/- per quarter, per child - approximately).
3-Rent for 3BHK apartment in new building & good locality. - (R.O. 650/- to R.O. 800/- per month).
4-Internet charges for unlimited download - (R.O. 20/- per month).
5-Per month charges for Satelite channel - (R.O. 18/- per month for the standard package of Indian channels, on Dish TV).
6-Telecom cost daily call to india for on an average 10 Mins - (R.O. 30/- per billing cycle / month).
What will be my savings in INR per month. - (You should be able to save at least about a quarter of your monthly income, after all expenses.)

PLEASE NOTE :

• The figures that I've quoted above are mostly ballpark - except perhaps point numbers 4 and 5.

• These are my personal calculations, views and opinion. Others may, or may not, necessarily subscribe to it. I don't give a damn.

• This is only intended to help the many, who are planning on relocating to Muscat, by providing them with a rough idea of the current living costs and expenses.

Thanking in advance

Dear Mr. Sumitran
Thank-you so much for above figures, its surely big help.

Best Regards
Sikander

Very good salary you will be one of the top income earners.
Just come and do not worry, workers here earn 80 rials per month and survive, you have an excellent package!

Good offer. Come and enjoy living in Muscat

Sumitran, you made out the best response for his question.  Thanks a lot for a good feedback.

Hi Sikander,RO 1800is a decent Salary in Oman.
Moreover I am sure you will have a great time in this country .
Thanks

vsameer wrote:

Hi Sikander,RO 1800is a decent Salary in Oman.
Moreover I am sure you will have a great time in this country .
Thanks

Also quoting your present salary makes sense to reply. e.g. if you are offered 1000 RO, but are already earning 12 lakhs (which a 30+ qualified IT/Engineer/MBA) earn these days- then no point taking the trouble of making a shift for no real salary difference.
Ideally speaking, as Senior memebr Sumitran says- a qualified MBA/IT/Engineer of mid 30s family person should quote at least 2000/2500 RO as gross salary. Not less.

I am offered a salary of 400 OR + accommodation for
the position of Secretayr.  Is it worth accepting?

Sumitran

i Have gone through the forum and information there has given me a keen insight on cost of living and range of salaries  I make 1350 OR equivalant in India and from your inputs it appears that it is good enough for living in Oman also (In Muscat ) My employer in Muscat is aware of this and wants me to quote tomorrow as to what I want I based on info gleamed through from your informative forum have decided to ask for 3000 (negotiable down to 2600 OMR min) plus accomodation;comapny car;medical and 1 month paid vacation in his initial indications employer had indicated OMR 1800 or slightly more plus the other perks of accomodation and car and medical and paid vacation
Would like to know if my assumptions on cost of living are correct and will I be able to maintain the living standard as I have in India with 1350 OMR equivalant

Rajesh Seth

Hi everyone,
        This is Bharath from Pune and I'm searching ajob in Oman for the position of MEP engineer including HVAC. Please help me out for the salary expectations in Oman. I'm having 5 yrs of solid experience in the MEP execution. Your replies are highly appreciated.
Awaiting for your kind reply posts.

Regards,
Bharath.M

Hi, Can you please update on the Cost of living info.......the post is quite old hence there would be lot of changes in the calculations by now. Also can you mention the rent for a 2 BHK Fully Furnished accommodation in a central location where access to market/ restaurants/ medical shops etc. will be at walking distance.

@ amit.bhattacharjee > In fact there are already a lot of up-to-date topics on the Cost of living in Muscat section, i suggest you to have a look.
Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers: