Moving to Muscat in Jun'14 - offer validation required

Hi,

I got an offer in one of Oman firm, they offered me 1500 OR excluding accommodation,transport etc..is it a good offer...my role will be project manager. Having 11 years experience in electrical engineering field. Am married and blessing one 2.5 years child , will brought them after get family VISA .
Is the offer good in all aspects? how much i can save in a month.
Also am holding UAE automatic driving license...is it convertable now? or which is the quickest way to obtain license in oman and when i can start this process?
Also when the school vacation will start in muscat schools?

I would repeat the message that Christine mentioned to another post in the forum. Its always nice to give an introduction of yourself and end your query  with thanks.

With regards your queries, RO 1500 is a decent offer especially considering your total experience.
I would however suggest you do your groundwork on the company, as there are a lot of terminations going on currently in Oman in view of Omanisation.
How much you can save depends on your spending pattern. 2BHK flat ranges right from 300 RO to 700 RO. It depends on what you choose. For a family with moderate living, you can factor 350RO for flat, 200RO for household, 40RO for water, electricity, gas. 20RO for unlimited Internet.
Your monthly instalment for a car loan will be between 150 to 200 RO depending on the size of the car you choose. UAE driving license can be directly converted to Oman license if the issue date is over a year.
School fees is about 40 RO a month and getting  admission to Indian schools isn't easy. More so that the admissions are closed for the current academic year and you need to look at an admission out of turn. I suggest you talk to your potential employer and get their assurance to help you on school admissions.
Current academic year is underway since April.  They would again have a break between June to July and re-commence in Aug.
Also keep in mind that the current procedures for family visa processing requires your 3 month bank statement reflecting your salary credit. This would mean you wouldn't be able to move your family for min 3 months unless your company helps.

Good Luck

Hi , This is Nathan from chennai.
Thank you very much for your answer.
As I understood from one of forum that ,automatic divining license issued from UAE cannot be converted in Oman, is it so..
Once again thanks for your answer.

Conversation of UAE automatic driving license to Oman automatic driving license is possible. You wouldn't be allowed to drive manual transmission cars though.
Cheers