Meeting people

Hi,

just looking to meet a few friends to actually start a social life...

Hi K-jhb welcome to Expat.com :)

thank you.

Me too!  I've just moved here from the UK and know NOBODY! Anyone got any ideas?!

Hi jmck164 and welcome to the forum as well! :)

Francesca

So did you guys figure out the answer to this question? I am about to be in the same boat! :D

hello guys,

I have been in Joburg since 3 months and half so far !!
How is doing your experience ?
I'm leaving next in Rosebank, let me know for a drink ;)
see yoy

cyrilgolo, so tell us about the scene in Rosebank?

I have been here for almost a year now...I think sandton is much better and lively compared to rosebank...although the drive between them is not more than 5-7 mins

Hi all,

I also arrived few times ago in Joburg, i'm in Randburg.
Why don't we meet up somewhere next week for a drink?
I think it would be nice.

Hey, I'm staying in Athol, down the road from rosebank - been here for almost 3 years, havent really made many friends still - maybe a catch up is a good idea

Hi

I'll be arriving in Johannesburg in August and I'll be staying for 2-3 years. Would be great if I can get in touch when I arrive as I'm keen to meet people and build up a social circle.

i am not there yet either but there seems interest in meeting up...

Hey - it'd be great to meet some new people down here if you're interested in getting together some time!

Stace

So did anyone ever end up organizing a meet up here? :)  Same story for me - just arrived in Jo`Burg, got a great crowd in work but looking to make friends outside too. If anyones interested in a meet up just let me know and I`ll sort something out. Im staying in Morningside area but open to catching up wherever

Hi ,I stay in sa ,I don't have car or house of my own and if you wish to meet you will have to give me a shout by giving me your phone no my email is [email protected] byeee hope to hear from you I am an indian.

Hello,

You could organize an Expat.com meet up in Johannesburg. ;)

I didn't know we had so many foreigners in Joburg :P Probably going to colony arms tonight in Craighall,come if you want .

So did anything ever come of this and people meet up?

If so i would love to join in.
If not - set up something at Wolves in illovo?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

K-jhb wrote:

Hi,

just looking to meet a few friends to actually start a social life...

Hi how are you please let me know about your social life thank Michael

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]