Permanent residence visa for spouse of Ukrainian citizen

Hello,

My wife is Ukrainian and we intend to live here in Egypt, and visit her family there every now and then. We do NOT intend to move to Ukraine.

The visa process for Egyptians is ridiculously difficult and involves someone in Ukraine (from her family or friends) going to OVIR office to issue an invitation and mail the original invitation to us so I can apply for a visa ...etc.

Anyways I thought about obtaining a residence visa to have easy access without long waits and such and I have read that we need to be married for two years before I apply. I want to ask the following questions:

1- We are married in Egypt, not in Ukraine. We intend to document our marriage there on our next visit (get the marriage certificate here translated to Ukrainian and notarized by the Ukrainian embassy in Egypt). Does this two years start from our marriage in general, or from our marriage in Ukraine?

2- If we live those two years here, is it OK? In other words, do I have to live there for a while first to get the visa (in such case it will be impractical/impossible for me since I can't leave my job here)

3- If I get the permanent residence visa, can I live here in Egypt and just go there whenever I please, or I have to "check in" there every specific period of time?

last but not least :

4- What documents do we need to get married in Ukraine (besides our translated marriage certificate in Egypt which is notarized by the embassy)? Where does this marriage take place and how much time/money do we need?

Appreciate your help.

Ahmad

Hello Ahmad!

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

1. Get married again in Ukraine. If not every time you will have trouble with "notarized" translation with customs.

2. Residence is counted ONLY if you are physically present in Ukraine. Not just been married.

3. You need you passport to get married. It used to be free (10 years ago)).

pav_kov wrote:

1. Get married again in Ukraine. If not every time you will have trouble with "notarized" translation with customs.

2. Residence is counted ONLY if you are physically present in Ukraine. Not just been married.

Thanks for your reply. So you mean to get my visa I have to stay in Ukraine for 2 years?

The Egyptian wrote:
pav_kov wrote:

Thanks for your reply. So you mean to get my visa I have to stay in Ukraine for 2 years?

No, only residence status. VIsa is granted in Ukrainian consular.

Why you need to get married again in the Ukraine ?
You are married ?
You just need go to her village and see the Police man in charge !
They will give permission to stay in the Ukraine for 6 months .

you will need do this 3 times ,3 times 6 months , after they will give stay for 2 years .

CustomePainter wrote:

Why you need to get married again in the Ukraine ?
You are married ?
You just need go to her village and see the Police man in charge !
They will give permission to stay in the Ukraine for 6 months .

Thanks for your help.

I am sorry I was misunderstood.

We are married here .. Our marriage is not registered in Ukraine (no Ukrainian document of marriage, registration in my passport or her national passport ...etc.) ...... This is what I want to do ....

I have translated our marriage document to Ukrainian at an authorized translator in Cairo (authorized by the embassy) and had it stamped by the embassy. I have a one-year multiple entry visa now (maximum stay 90 days/year) ..... We are planning to go there in April.

CustomePainter wrote:

you will need do this 3 times ,3 times 6 months , after they will give stay for 2 years .

I am not planning on staying/living in Ukraine. I want the residence visa for easy access that is, whenever we need to visit ....

1.    I believe the two year period starts from the date you were married in Egypt, though you need to have to legalize your marriage certificate.
2.    You do not need to live in Ukraine for two years. You need just to have your marriage with a Ukrainian citizen being more than 2 years.
3.    Once you have received your immigration status you can go in and out, as well as stay in Ukraine as long and so many times as you wish.

I noticed that some answers above are opposite to mine. I must say that I did not do substantial research on the subject. I just looked quickly through the current laws.

I have experienced in applying for Ukraine permanent residence, I'm actually Asian and I married Ukrainian, I went to Ukraine by private visa, we got married and I stayed in Ukraine for a few months but then I decided to go back to my country and waited for 2 years, after that I applied for permission for permanent residency in Ukraine, I sent my application to Ukraine Embassy in Tokyo Japan by courier, because The ukraine embassy for Asia located in Tokyo, that 's why I sent my application in Tokyo. It takes a year to get approval, when I got the Permission of Permanent Residency, I've sent another application to Tokyo for visa, they gave me 1 year valid visa, I Brought all requirements needed, lots of papers :authenticated and notarized birth certificate, medical clearance should be authenticated and notarized also, I took police clearance, NBI CLEARANCE it's all notarized by DFA and authenticated, it has president seal, even mayors permit I also had it notarized and authenticate, after I gathered all requirements I flew back to Ukraine for applying Permanent Residency in Ukraine, but before that I went to lawyers office in kieve to translate all my papers in Ukraine version and then get it all notarized. After that I went to Regional Police and get registration, submitted all Requirements, paid and waited for a week then got my Permanent Residence, and now I can live in and out and could stay as much as I want in Ukraine.

I forgot to mention, after I married in Ukraine I stayed for few months in Ukraine and returned to my country, applying for permanent residence is only allowed if at least the applicant is 2 years married to Ukrainian.so I waited 2 years then started to apply, but not for permanent residence, I applied for permission of residency. I contacted embassy asked the form, I printed and filled up the application form and sent it to Tokyo embassy by courier itvtakes a year and a minimum of 6 months for approval. You cannot take permanent residence certificate without Permission of Residency Certificate. So, if you planning to get Permanent Ukraine Residence, first  start to apply  Permission for Permanent Residence.This is the most important because it really takes time to have this certificate, they will investigate your background, if you're spy, or terrorist.

If i got permit residence. ... Can i buy a car in ukraine? also can i buy a home?  and can i get my business like a shop in Ukraine?

pepolana wrote:

If i got permit residence. ... Can i buy a car in ukraine? also can i buy a home?  and can i get my business like a shop in Ukraine?

You do not need the residence permit for that. You only need to obtain a tax ID in Ukraine. To do so you need to have your passport translated into Ukrainian and to visit the state tax service, to file an application and that is it.

Thanks greykyiv so much for reply and help
Also are this tax ID will give me right to buy car or home?.. I have now  only private visit visa

pepolana wrote:

Also are this tax ID will give me right to buy car or home?.. I have now  only private visit visa

There should not be a problem. I must say that I did not do this myself but I know an american who successfully bought an apartment in Kiev. For this he needed only his translated passport and a Ukrainian tax ID.

GreyKyiv wrote:
pepolana wrote:

There should not be a problem. I must say that I did not do this myself but I know an american who successfully bought an apartment in Kiev. For this he needed only his translated passport and a Ukrainian tax ID.

thank you so much
peter

Dear All

First of all ;
1-  no need to marry again ; need to issue marriage certification by computer then stamp by ministry of affairs
2_ stamp from embassy of Ukraine in Cairo
by this way your certification is valid in Ukraine , just you need to translate it in Ukrainian and stamped

you are right , Ukrainian visa is very difficult for Egyptian even have USA visa !!!!