Expat-Blog Gathering on 8th Feb 2014

Fellow expat-bloggers in Eastern Province  :)

Let us organize a gathering where we can meet, chill and get to know each other, especially since the last gathering was done about 2 years back and many new faces are around already!!

Tentative Schedule:
Time/Date: 8.30pm, Saturday 15th Feb 2014 (Changed from 8th Feb)
Venue: Either: Chillies @ Dahran Mall, or Ciro's Pomodoro Khobar Corniche (both have ample space to take at least 10 persons)

What are you waiting for? RSVP right away :D

Everyone is always complaining that they are alone and bored in the kingdom and that they would want to meet other expats but now that a plan is actually materializing nobody is interested!

@3dnan, you are aware that I am in Jeddah. Will be back by mid of Feb let me know if you can postpone this gathering by one week.

@hassaanpervez: probably everyone still sleeping, i do hope they will start flocking in  :top: and yes, i think we will make it on the 15th Feb instead

Come on people!! i do have few contacts from the last gathering, so will be inviting them as well  :D

Quick updated!!

I got 5 people confirmed so far, 1 is a maybe!!

come on people, do Join us :D

count me in

Me too! I always wanted to be in one of those gatherings  :)

Is it free of charge? or we have to contribute also?

Its Adnan's treat dont worry.

Am kinda new ...and hell ya i wanted to join the gathering but currently am in buraidah and wont be back till next two weeks i guess ,anyways enjoy people

A Hassan wrote:

Is it free of charge? or we have to contribute also?

Yes, it is free of charge,  each of us will just pay for drinks/food he/she ordered  :top:

hassaanpervez wrote:

Its Adnan's treat dont worry.

Yep yep, to organize this kind of a meeting for you guys is a treat by itself!! :cool:
Lol

Djzubaid wrote:

Am kinda new ...and hell ya i wanted to join the gathering but currently am in buraidah and wont be back till next two weeks i guess ,anyways enjoy people

That's unfortunate bro, no worries, I am sure there will be future gatherings as well and you will be able to join us then :)

One more Expat.comger confirmed for Saturday!!
:D

Hi!
Which one Is the confirmed place

I will visi ciro s in Khobar tomorrow or the day after and confirm. Last time we did in Chili's so thinking of a change :-D

Ok Bro Just confirm me so i can join you.

Greetings: Sounds like a good plan. Is there an RSVP page on the blog somewhere or or a list to join? Cheers, -rob

Greetings back to you Rob :)

Well, no such page exists, but i just wanted to know how many are coming so that the i can make the necessary bookings and arrangements with the restaurant!

so far we are 10 confirmed!!  :top:

Any Update Bro.

Venue confirmed!! Tomorrow I shall update with full details!!

Alright people,

The restaurant name is: Ciro's Pomodoro -(you can search it on foursquare as well)
Meeting time, 8:30pm, Saturday 15th Feb 2014.

I already made reservation for 10 people, but informed him that it might increase!

26°17'31.7"N 50°13'11.6"E
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source … 17&iwloc=A

Let me know if you need help with directions :)

ops, double post!!

sound like FIFI  and all other families and ladies are out from this group ... we attended both the previous  meetings this time sound like no families so its hard to brings family with us ,,, am i right?

Actually, there is a gentleman who want to bring his wife as well but he is hesitant, if he know there is family then for sure he will bring his wife!!

Hi: Thanks for providing the directions 3dnan. I was able to locate it using the iPhone default app, but 'm downloading google maps app now. Seems the map program on the iPhone is not giving me the route to get there, even though i have both start and end point clearly located through the very app. In any case, I'm familiar enough with Khobar that I shouldn't have trouble finding it. If any of you is coming from Ras Tanoura, feel free to catch a lift. -robert

If any one gets lost in the Khobar Corniche, just look for Uptown cafe, This place is on the same building but on the second floor!!

See you all tonight :-D

Hello People!!

It was a delightful evening last night!! even thou the number of people who came dropped from 10 to 4 only!! haha
luckily, I brought an extra person and so did johnkuriakose, we were 6 in total!!

but still we had a good time!!
http://imageshack.com/a/img801/8535/ncng.jpg

from Right, Manos (Aka. Goldmine), Robert (Aka, alamographics), Adnan (Aka, me!! :P), Mohammed (non EB member), Shameeg (Aka, Shameeg#1)

our next plan will be a BBQ probably in 3-4 weeks time when the weather gets a little bit warmer!!

Cheers!