Wants friends who speaks excellent English

I am just tired of using the English language without practicing the correct usage of grammar, as that's the only way everybody will understand me easily when I'm in the workplace, and also tired of having no other people to talk to aside from my roommates when I'm not at work. Is there someone I can talk to who's maybe fluent in English? Somebody other than my roommates or my workmates? I'm bored.

welcome in jubail babyHM

hope you find friends as soon .

its important in jubail to know and deal with more collegues .

B/R

Hello,

I'm sure you can find "some" people who speak fluent English here. But, I guess you're going to have to search really hard!
Good luck with that! :)

Regards,

I'll hang out with you. I just moved out here about a month ago. I'm social dude, but holy cow it's hard to meet people out here. When I was in the states and I was in a new city I would go to the bar and have a couple drinks and meet some people. It's tough when you take beer out of the equation.

LaraSC, have you found any Lebanese people to network with? I work with several people from Lebanon if you're interested in making some friends. I was in Beirut last week...it's one of the most beautiful cities i've ever seen.

lexus wrote:

welcome in jubail babyHM

hope you find friends as soon .

its important in jubail to know and deal with more collegues .

B/R

THanks! Gotta  keep that in mind.

LaraSC wrote:

Hello,

I'm sure you can find "some" people who speak fluent English here. But, I guess you're going to have to search really hard!
Good luck with that! :)

Regards,

Hey Lara

Yeah, it's really hard. But I think this is one place to do that. Anyway, thanks. Hope you are having a good time. :)

quote=dwood83]I'll hang out with you. I just moved out here about a month ago. I'm social dude, but holy cow it's hard to meet people out here. When I was in the states and I was in a new city I would go to the bar and have a couple drinks and meet some people. It's tough when you take beer out of the equation.

Hey Dwood. I would like to talk hang out with you too. Remind me how to use the English language please. Anyway, what you've said is very true. It's really hard to meet people out here. All you have are your workmates and roommates. So it's good that you replied. :) Maybe we can be friends. Life without liquor is real tough. :)

haadisubedar wrote:

I can be your friend, and i speak excellent english, feel free to call me on0536878779, My name is haadi I was born in saudi but i am an Indian from Mumbai.
Take care bro!

Hey,

Thanks. I bet your Indian parents were working here a long time ago. Take care Haadi. Have a good day!

:rolleyes:

@BabyHM, speaking 'decent' or 'grammatically' correct English shouldn't be a BIG disappointment for you...in the first place, you're in KSA,and not the US of A, but anyway, just be careful with the people you interact with...it's better to hang out with poor grammar english speaking persons with pure of heart, rather than those persons who are 'excellent' in spoken english with rudely behaviors and obviously poor understanding.
In the end, you'll just get annoyed with their native (non-american) accents.
:blink:
If you can speak english well, then, stay with it, and talk to your co's in a way that you are comfortable...you'll get the hang of it eventually!

haadisubedar wrote:

Hey listen, I tried to help you and your reply was quite sarcastic, I really don't know what's wrong with people these days or may be this is your way of speaking english which is wrong, I have been a language coach in an International Call Centre, So if it's english what you are looking out for then I feel I am the right Person. Take care and have a wonderful day ahead.

Oh... I didn't mean for anything like that. You mentioned you were born here in KSA from Indian parents. So I thought, your parents must have been working here in Saudi Arabia for quite sometime, and of course, living here and that should explain why you were born here. I'm sorry if it gave a bad impression on you but with all respect, I have said it with all good intentions and without any judgement. I am sure you are a good coach and I don't have anything against that too. Anyway, I should just not talk anymore. Have a good day Haad! Take care.

Popolocroix wrote:

@BabyHM, speaking 'decent' or 'grammatically' correct English shouldn't be a BIG disappointment for you...in the first place, you're in KSA,and not the US of A, but anyway, just be careful with the people you interact with...it's better to hang out with poor grammar english speaking persons with pure of heart, rather than those persons who are 'excellent' in spoken english with rudely behaviors and obviously poor understanding.
If you can speak english well, then, stay with it, and talk to your co's in a way that you are comfortable...you'll get the hang of it eventually!

It's fine. I was just looking for new friends and maybe new people. I just feel like seeing the same people everyday is like prison. Meeting new people from the outside world would be like a breath of fresh air. Someone who speaks differently would also be amazing and unique to my ears. Anyway, thanks for your advice. I'll keep that in mind. :) Have a good day.

babyHM wrote:

I am just tired of using the English language without practicing the correct usage of grammar, as that's the only way everybody will understand me easily when I'm in the workplace, and also tired of having no other people to talk to aside from my roommates when I'm not at work. Is there someone I can talk to who's maybe fluent in English? Somebody other than my roommates or my workmates? I'm bored.

Are you looking for him ??

http://excellentenglish.org/image/002.jpg

@ghanshyampdave:

Justin Bieber? Seriously? Finding him isn't gonna be easy. Meeting him would be very cool. But we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm looking for friends with all good intentions here. I hope you will have a good day. Smile.

babyHM wrote:

@ghanshyampdave:

Justin Bieber? Seriously? Finding him isn't gonna be easy. Meeting him would be very cool. But we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm looking for friends with all good intentions here. I hope you will have a good day. Smile.

Nopes. He's Ajarn Charles, from the website :www.excellentenglish.org

Thought, you wanted to learn "excellent english". Lol :P

But how did you assume that he is Justin Beiber. JB looks like a girl. And that's not at all cool.

Good luck finding friends here :) Sure that you'll find some. Nice day!

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Nopes. He's Ajarn Charles, from the website :www.excellentenglish.org

Thought, you wanted to learn "excellent english". Lol :P

But how did you assume that he is Justin Beiber. JB looks like a girl. And that's not at all cool.

Good luck finding friends here :) Sure that you'll find some. Nice day!

Hahaha. Oh my bad. I thought he looked a little like him. Anyway, yes of course, I want to enhance my grammar and my English speaking abilities. Thanks for the site. I will look into it. It will help me a lot for sure. So again, thank you.

Yeah, I think I found one friend already. Thanks and have a nice day too!

You "think" you found a friend ?? You're thinking a lot :P

Did you tell her you used to distribute free Baskin N' Robins every now and then? :gloria

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Did you tell her you used to distribute free Baskin N' Robins every now and then? :gloria

Thanks for the help @TheLegendLeads. But I don't know if she likes Ice Creams or prefers coffe :D

And welcome to the party :P

I am interested in doing something new to pass my time in Saudi.
Like learning or teaching something which I knows.

If you please accept me, contact me on 0567097738

Hi BabyHM, where you from? Maybe I guess your roommates are pakistan, Indian or even Saudi's? hehhe If I'm correct maybe you should have to find accommodation wherein the people are the same as your country of origin. If your American try to look for American accommodation. heheh If you are willing to talk to us Filipinos we're willing to. Using the English language fluently here in Saudi in not a pre-requisite because as long as they understand and you understand them, that's it... But there are Filipinos who are really good in using the English language Fluently.... but you have to be patient in finding them coz they are endangered now.. hahha just joking,,, hope to chat with you soon.

Nationality Sir?

I hope you don't mind my question.

Popolocroix wrote:

@BabyHM, speaking 'decent' or 'grammatically' correct English shouldn't be a BIG disappointment for you...in the first place, you're in KSA,and not the US of A ...

Why would you immediately jump to the conclusion that BabyHM is an American???  :mad:

To quote Oscar Wilde, “When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me."

If you'd read her profile, you'd have seen she is from the Philippines, not the States.

Josh Mortel wrote:

Hi BabyHM, where you from? Maybe I guess your roommates are pakistan, Indian or even Saudi's? hehhe If I'm correct maybe you should have to find accommodation wherein the people are the same as your country of origin. If your American try to look for American accommodation. heheh If you are willing to talk to us Filipinos we're willing to. Using the English language fluently here in Saudi in not a pre-requisite because as long as they understand and you understand them, that's it... But there are Filipinos who are really good in using the English language Fluently.... but you have to be patient in finding them coz they are endangered now.. hahha just joking,,, hope to chat with you soon.

DUDE, she is a Filipino TOO.  Doesn't anybody freakin' read profiles ?!?!?

IbrahimKP wrote:

I am interested in doing something new to pass my time in Saudi.
Like learning or teaching something which I knows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Libby/leghump.gif

u can get in touch with me, if you wish so.

This is a great idea to plan speaking proper English, and this is also my priority.

I certainly support this idea to develop and improve our knowledge of proper English.  I understand your message and I do not think it relates to passing time, but to keep our language skills up to par.  Otherwise, we can slowly experience degradation of our abilities to speak and write proper English, especially in a country where most people are not native English speakers.

Alliecat wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:

@BabyHM, speaking 'decent' or 'grammatically' correct English shouldn't be a BIG disappointment for you...in the first place, you're in KSA,and not the US of A ...

Why would you immediately jump to the conclusion that BabyHM is an American???  :mad:

To quote Oscar Wilde, “When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me."
If you'd read her profile, you'd have seen she is from the Philippines, not the States.

Pointed noted, Allie...but, in the first place, i NEVER assumed that she is an american, I know that she is from the Philippines.
As what BabyHM was initially crying about: She would have loved to have (or talk to) someone who can speak/practice fluent english.

My point - since, we are in KSA, isn't being able to speak Arabic more of a problem rather than speaking (fluent) English?

The same thing, if an arabic guy went to the USA, should he be worried that he's not getting practice in speaking decent arabic?
And additionaly, here's your damsel in distress (in speaking English) - and comes this bunch of guys saying 'i will teach you-blah, blah, blah - (eg. haadisubedar) 

Now, Josh Mortel here is really having all his libido go up to his brain, in thinking BabyHM is an American. :D ,\/,,

@Popolocroix I agree with you that she should be more interested in learning Arabic than practicing her perfect English--but come on, you *did* present it that she was American!

Had to laugh at your comment about Josh.  Yes, he did get quite worked up, didn't he? lol  Or maybe he's just an exceptionally friendly, helpful guy ;)

Hey,
You are right quoting Oscar, and you certainly deserve all the privileges offered excursively.

CPUman wrote:

babyHM

Fanateer beach, it's the best one to enjoy wonderful sunrise ever, contact me to arrange a visit if you want, and have a decent English language conversion.

You're so helpful!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Libby/leghump.gif

Alliecat wrote:
Josh Mortel wrote:

DUDE, she is a Filipino TOO.  Doesn't anybody freakin' read profiles ?!?!?

I hope they are not endangered 'coz they're being poached. Kidding!

Anyway, I am a Filipino ("half-Filipino"), and I just want to say that I don't see the need to find people who speak fluent English to not get by a day and not get bored - if you have roommates who I bet are from your country, as well.

Lucky for me, I guess, because the medium of language we use in our office is English. But if you're looking for someone who you can speak to in English, Tagalog, Waray or Cebuano (even Spanish), then I'm the guy you can hang out with. I play online and PS3 games, I play chess, I can swim, play volleyball, bowling and badminton, and I like shopping and learning about new culture.

Oh wait, you are a SHE. :(

I wish we could all hang out together.

Cheers!

Eh guys, I'm down to make some new English speaking friends lol, I'm really bored out here, and it's only been 2 weeks!, help!!! Lol

Plz email me any ideas.

Weezzy wrote:

Eh guys, I'm down to make some new English speaking friends lol, I'm really bored out here, and it's only been 2 weeks!, help!!! Lol

Plz email me any ideas.

If you're male, you should know that you've chosen a female avatar.

Hey Alliekittie

I choose the girls avatar, so that people would actually have some interest towards viewing my profile, but I'm glad you devoted your time to notice that. Plus I'm not picky, just keen on finding some English speaking friends, preferably in compounds. Lol

thank you :)
Chico

Weezzy wrote:

I choose the girls avatar, so that people would actually have some interest towards viewing my profile...

:dumbom:

Weezzy wrote:

Hey Alliekittie

I choose the girls avatar, so that people would actually have some interest towards viewing my profile, but I'm glad you devoted your time to notice that. Plus I'm not picky, just keen on finding some English speaking friends, preferably in compounds.

And did you plan to meet said people wearing make-up and an abaya?!  :lol:

No offense, but I devoted absolutely no time to noticing--simply remembered that the day before you had a male picture instead of a female avatar LOL  It was a pretty quick sex change operation!

Lol why thank you sweetie!!, come on now gotta give a man some credit for creativity :P. I'm trying my best here ppl!! :P

Weezzy wrote:

Lol why thank you sweetie!!, come on now gotta give a man some credit for creativity :P. I'm trying my best here ppl!! :P

You get NO credit since you were immediately busted! :dumbom: