The best state to do high school.

I am making a project of going to United States to finish my high school.So i would like to know the best state or city to do it.
P.S: if the local is cold or warm , big or small city etc. don't matter for me, because what I would like is the best place to study and to do high school.

I would say there is no best state for education in the United States.  Each has their own system and within each state there are many different school districts that may operate with very different curricula.

Hi Graci,

Anywhere in the USA or Canada you are going to get an excellent education in the public school system, so don't worry about that.

You should concentrate on perhaps finding a place to study that will offer you a chance to get to know a lot of people, perhaps a smaller community in the US "heartland" where there won't be a lot of distractions from your education, yet where you'll find lots of friendly people who will welcome you with open arms.

If you continue to post topics here, the same as your dad is doing and with his gracious style then I'm sure you'll soon have so many new friends here, you'll have a difficult time deciding just where you want to go and study, because you'll want to be somewhere close to all those new-found friends!

Um beijo no coração,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

MiaCulpa wrote:

I would say there is no best state for education in the United States.  Each has their own system and within each state there are many different school districts that may operate with very different curricula.

Thank you!

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Graci,

Anywhere in the USA or Canada you are going to get an excellent education in the public school system, so don't worry about that.

You should concentrate on perhaps finding a place to study that will offer you a chance to get to know a lot of people, perhaps a smaller community in the US "heartland" where there won't be a lot of distractions from your education, yet where you'll find lots of friendly people who will welcome you with open arms.

If you continue to post topics here, the same as your dad is doing and with his gracious style then I'm sure you'll soon have so many new friends here, you'll have a difficult time deciding just where you want to go and study, because you'll want to be somewhere close to all those new-found friends!

Um beijo no coração,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Thank you for the hint! I will see!

Graci, try to choose a place that it will be possible to read good books, go a Theaters and museums. You will like this and be happy.

I think you can read books in any state.  With the possible exception of Mississippi.

MiaCulpa wrote:

I think you can read books in any state.  With the possible exception of Mississippi.

Nope, you can read books there too.

http://www.harrison.lib.ms.us/libraries/bc_lib.htm