Admirers of Teresa Teng (deng Li Jun)

Hi anyone out there both foreigners and locals have heard of this Asian songstress? Is there a fan club here to honour her memory even after 18 years? An Amerian Broadway Director even said that her songs emit a kind of 'energy' and serves to calm, comfort and soothes the nerves.

I like listening 我只在乎你 漫步人生路 ...

Sploke77 wrote:

Hi anyone out there both foreigners and locals have heard of this Asian songstress? Is there a fan club here to honour her memory even after 18 years? An Amerian Broadway Director even said that her songs emit a kind of 'energy' and serves to calm, comfort and soothes the nerves.

Never heard of her until you posted this thread.  Googled it and am listening to the YouTube version.  Can't understand anything but the soothing melody is nice.  I can see how you feel calm, comforted with this type of soft music. 

Why don't you put up links of your favorite to share?

Doesnt look like she is overly popular on here, maybe on a Taiwanese forum you will find more likes.

Hi colinoscapee and THD: thanks for your interesting responses.
Truly, the substance of her songs will uncannily permeate your inner soul and evoke an anchoring calming effect.
Just google:
Teresa Teng moon represents my heart
Ditto small town story
Ditto tian mi mi
You have 3 of her classic songs spanning over 3 decades,, enjoy.!!  ..for me, it brings back all kinds of memories

Thats what music should do, make you feel good, bring back memories. I can remember where I was at a certain time when hearing certain songs, eg Van Morrisons album Moondance.

Very nice voice :heart:
Thanks for sharing!

Sploke77 wrote:

Hi colinoscapee and THD: thanks for your interesting responses.
Truly, the substance of her songs will uncannily permeate your inner soul and evoke an anchoring calming effect.
Just google:
Ditto small town story
Ditto tian mi mi
You have 3 of her classic songs spanning over 3 decades,, enjoy.!!  ..for me, it brings back all kinds of memories

Small town stories
She really involved in that situation and sings with her full expression! Very talented!

Teresa Teng  Tian mi mi with lyrics Another happy song!

charmavietnam wrote:

Find more here

Ken Charma : am really glad you have become a new fan of T T. I also found that she had a rendition of a famous Vietnamese song (Khong), but the lyrics were in Japanese. She is also admired owing her talents to be able to sing in multi- languages, and to the locals, she is known as Dang Le Quan. She was also the ONLY Chinese to perform at the Lincoln Center New York, and also at Caeser's Palace in Las Vegas! Till this day, she is still unsurpassed..

For the latest about this singing icon and how she had brought Mainland China and Taiwan closer to each other, purely through her songs emitting language of love  :

www.chinaculture.org/exchange/2011-01/1 … 403642.htm

All
I have a collections of her 8 CDs. Would love to share with whom interested in her songs. PM me.

T.

One more for keeping in the bag :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWEcZvhfnzA

Just cannot get enough of her...

Hi I am Jin from South Korea
A few years ago, i listened her songs in youtube, then i loved her song. Yes, i agree your idea that her song heals people soul. When i met trouble in hochimninh, her song is really nice healing for me

Good to hear "Teresa Teng" from you

Woojin

charmavietnam wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

Find more here

Thanks Charma.