Indian restaurant in Agdal

Do you think there's demand for an Indian restaurant in Agdal, Rabat? Could it be successful?

Hi H.B.1 !

Maybe you could say hi, please and thanks ? :whistle:
An introduction would be welcome as well.

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand, I'm sorry about that. That was my first post and I asked it in a hurry.
I'll start again. I moved to Rabat 2 years ago and I've liked the experience in this place so far, but I couldn't find any Indian restaurants nor takeaways here. So I thought to myself, why don't I start my own. The complication is that I don't know whether there's any demand for Indian food in Rabat.
So my questions are, would investing in an Indian restaurant be worth it? Will the demand die out after sometime? and why hasn't anyone else taken this opportunity?

Thank you

I guess there is already an indian restaurant in agdal

Hello,

You have to understand that Moroccan people are not very familiar with Indian cuisine, so getting people to try out for it will be very challenging, you have to market the hell out of this future restaurant of yours. But then again, it doesn't have to be exclusively Indian food, why not try to broaden it to Asian food. I don't know if there's already an Indian restaurant in Agdal, I have never seen one, but you couldn't have chosen a better location for your restaurant, Agdal is full of eating places, so you can give it a go and see where it takes you.

Good luck!

Hi ,

M an indian and i stayed in moroccco for few years. While staying there i thought same that why not much indian restaurants. There is one very good one in casa and one in aghadir, probably one or two in marrakech. One opened in el jadida but its closed i think bcoz of lack of demand.

Moroccans are not acquainted with indian dishes. they surely love indian movies and culture but food is totally different thing. U need to contact the owners of indian restaurants to know about market condition. I f u wanna open, then do it in big city near commercial place where lot of expats are working as european and other ppl do love indian dishes. Good luck.

Yes, it's difficult to make headway with Indian food in Morocco. Even the Indian fast food places in Morocco Mall and Anfa Place do slow business compared to other ethnic cuisines. The 2 Indian restaurants in Casa are doing well. The India Palace has been established for years, perhaps decades and is licensed. I think it gets enough repeat business from people like me, sophisticated Moroccans and tourists/expats to do well. The Bombay Palace opened within the past year and has taken a modern view, no licence for alcohol, rather cheaper (but still good) food, inexpensive daily lunch menus, TA listings and advertising on Hzimate.

You would need to think about this very carefully, perhaps by doing some research with the owners of these 2 places.

Agdal might be the right place - Agdal is posh and wealthy and you'd get people from the Embassies and so on.

Good luck.

mmm actually i dont know ! but i can say many loves indien culture !!  im personally really interested on all what have relation with india !  but i can ask  ! for you !

By the way, someone told me of a third Indian restaurant in Casa, Daawat Gourmet Express, 61 Avenue des Forces Armees Royales. I've never been but will give it a try. So you could add this to your research.

Yes, sounds a good idea as long as there is adequate publicity done.

Hello Sunny and welcome on board :)

Thank you for participating on this thread, just for info, the opening post ( OP ) is dated 2013. You may not receive any response from the member.

I invite you to browse and participate on more recent threads on the forum

Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com Team