Finding a Job as Welding Engineer in Nepal

Dear all,
I'm an experienced Welding Engineer who is responsible for welding and quality in power plants in Europe.
I'm thinking to go for a certain time to Nepal.
I've already searched a lot in Internet and it seems impossible to find a job in Nepal in this sector.
For Civil Engineers it seems much easier.

Has somebody some ideas? I would also teach in this sector, I was also already thinking to teach about welding and quality of pressure parts acc. to European rules for Nepalli people who plan to got to Europe for work.

For all ideas I'm thankful.

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Silke

Hi Silke,

I suggest you post your resume in the Construction and Civil engineering jobs in Nepal section please as it might help :)

Best of luck !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

have you ever been to Nepal? If not  then be aware that the welding jobs are done in tiny little metal shops that are extremely poorly regulated and down right grimey place to work or shop for that matter.. I think your best bet would be to try and somehow set up a custom welding shop that does cast iron household items, such as exterior bannister railing, plants holder, shelves, spiral stairs, ktichen nooks and shelves.. Our house has a few of these items that are essential to daily living and look great! We have a neighbor in Banasthali who does custom welding and he appears to have done quite well for himself doing custom jobs.

good luck.