Recent Expat in Nepal. Looking for a Network

Hi there,

For the last two and a half years I have been doing business in Nepal on a tourist Visa.  I would travel here as a consultant to our Nepal office and Nepali staff.  Recently I applied for and received a business visa.  So I have officially entered into my first year as an Expat.

I'm looking to get plugged into the local expat community here in Kathmandu.  While my network of Nepali friends is strong, I do believe it would be in my best interest to have a network of expat friends to share information and advice with.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to participating here.

Best regards,
BR

Hi Bainreese! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I hope you'll get some nice contacts on the site. You might view the Nepal expat network.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thank you Christine.  Much appreciated.

Try the couch surfing site: couchsurfing.org It's free to join and everyone helps each other. I am going to relocate to Nepal in a week and I, too, would like to get to know some westerners as well as local people.

Would you have any knowledge of how to find an inexpensive apartment for at least three months?

Amanda

Dear Bainreese,

Ok, Please let us know what type of Business you are doing in Nepal? We are a tour operator. If you like to join with us or if we can plan something new, please contact us .
(moderated: no free ads please)

Try some online groups that have local people here. Here are a few that I get messages from that tell of things to do or have posts about things to do and social networking:
[email protected]
lonelyplanet.com
couchsurfing.org
virtualtourist.(com.net or org)

There is an International club near the British Embassy. It is very cheap to join and they are always having things to do.

Hope these things help. It's funny how friendly the Nepali people are and always say 'nameste' but when I see another white person I can't even seem to make eye contact.

Dear BR
Your interest matches with me.
Can we meet & cooperate each other? If so come to   Hotel Visit Nepal (a small hotel) in Thamel Kathmandu. I own this.

Hello Parashuram,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Please note that you posted on an old thread and the members Bainreese is not very active on the forum.

Do you want to make new acquaintances in Nepal?

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team