Places to visit in Ho Chi Minh City

Hi,

For the ones living in Ho Chi Minh City, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Ho Chi Minh City, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Ho Chi Minh City?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hello Julie,

Actually HCMC is quite small, and it's not famous with special tourist sites. I think if you wanna find something interested, it's better you have acquaintances here because it's hard to guide you just by words.

Are you going to visit to HCMC? If then, I could as my friends for some helps :)

Hi, i just come up with some ideals may be help. i did it last year with my family visiting from Germany:
1. in the town:
- Ben Thanh Market (open from the morning till 6 pm, officially, after 6 pm you just can walk around the market with a lot of food, fruit...highly suggest that if you want to buy anything just low down price to 25 - 30%)
- Diamon Plaza, Vincom centre, Duc Ba Church
- if you are a fan of traditional food, visit Bun Bo Dong Ba in Nguyen Du Street, Banh Xeo An la nghien in Suong Nguyet Anh Street, there are many dishes that you can order.
2. Ho Chi Minh City Urban:
- Cu Chi tuner ( take bus from Ben Thanh Market, and after that you can go by Taxi when you are in Cu Chi town)
- Can Gio Beach ( you also can take a bus, i don't know the number and where you can catch it, google it)
- BCR Resort in district 9, take about 1 hour driving from District 1. I like this place so much, the swimming pool is awesome,near by the river. you also can do kayak boating down to the river...

Hope you have a great trip.

sandyzue wrote:

Hello Julie,

Actually HCMC is quite small, and it's not famous with special tourist sites. I think if you wanna find something interested, it's better you have acquaintances here because it's hard to guide you just by words.

Are you going to visit to HCMC? If then, I could as my friends for some helps :)

Oh,sandyzue!Really?

TP HCM is quite interesting indeed.Let me start with some places worth taking relatives or friends when they come to visit.

-Of course there's Ben Thanh market(thanks Huyen Ly).
-The Ho Chi Minh City museum is a must see for all ages.
-The Fine Arts museum for art enthusiasts.
-War Remnants museum is a sobering reminder of
the horrors of war.
-Bin Tay market(Chinatown market) is good to see the old market and view bulk goods traded and have a local lunch.
-Bitexco Tower Skydeck at the end of the day to see where you've          been in the city.
-Antique street(Le Cong Kieu st.)is very good for lovers of old things and collectibles,real or fake.
-Saigon Tax and Saigon Square shopping centres for cheaper brand name goods(with air conditioning!).

Combine these activities with walks through the centre of town,with a stop off at either an ice cream parlour/bar/coffee shop.

And now for day 2!:D

Hello :)

Thank you for sharing these informations with us :top:

Regards.

Karen :)

jimbream wrote:
sandyzue wrote:

Hello Julie,

Oh,sandyzue!Really?

TP HCM is quite interesting indeed.Let me start with some places worth taking relatives or friends when they come to visit.

-Of course there's Ben Thanh market(thanks Huyen Ly).
-The Ho Chi Minh City museum is a must see for all ages.
-The Fine Arts museum for art enthusiasts.
-War Remnants museum is a sobering reminder of
the horrors of war.
-Bin Tay market(Chinatown market) is good to see the old market and view bulk goods traded and have a local lunch.
-Bitexco Tower Skydeck at the end of the day to see where you've          been in the city.
-Antique street(Le Cong Kieu st.)is very good for lovers of old things and collectibles,real or fake.
-Saigon Tax and Saigon Square shopping centres for cheaper brand name goods(with air conditioning!).

Combine these activities with walks through the centre of town,with a stop off at either an ice cream parlour/bar/coffee shop.

And now for day 2!:D

Thanks jimbream for your comments! :)

I mean HCMC is not famous with specific sights but small typical attractive points, like diversity of street food, etc.

I think it's just much better if you have a guide who can show you to smallest interesting things that HCMC could bring

Anw, thank you so much for your suggestions :) Can I ask how long you've been here?

Huyen Ly wrote:

Ben Thanh Market (open from the morning till 6 pm, officially, after 6 pm you just can walk around the market with a lot of food, fruit...highly suggest that if you want to buy anything just low down price to 25 - 30%)

Bargaining for 25-30 % will only make sellers happy. You should start it at least with half price. Because it's tourist place and the prices you've been telling are not real.

Huyen Ly wrote:

2. Ho Chi Minh City Urban:
- Cu Chi tuner ( take bus from Ben Thanh Market, and after that you can go by Taxi when you are in Cu Chi town)

Cu Chi tunnels are worth to visit. You can take the bus #13 from Benh Thanh Market and #79 from Cu Chi.

Another places to visit:

- Central Post Office (magnificent building and tourist attraction);
- Notre Dame Square;
- Saigon Opera House (Ho Chi Minh Municipal Theater);
- Saigon Zoo and Botanical Garden;

Hi julie,
Hi everyone,

Besides, to me,
I love bridges. so i think you can also go to following places:

- Phu My bridge (dist.7) and Thu Thiem bridge (Binh Thanh dist.)to view about the city. it will really give you a surprised look

- Anh Sao bridge (Phu My Hung complex - dist.7) . it really nice!

- Pedestrian bridge (Cầu Đi Bộ) in dist 1, it connect dist 1 to dist 4. you can buy something at the night, then onto the bridge and enjoy with your friends. Its great!

- Drink something at dawn at 30/4 park right before Duc Ba church to sip and see people crossing. you feel really peaceful and gentle. Note: In there, you drink while sit plump on the ground. it's very interesting :)

Nice to meet you,
Hope you enjoy!