Best SUV in terms of reliability, comfortability and resale value.

Hi:

I'm planning on buying a midsize to a large SUV in riyadh but can't come to a conclusion. I have read through ton of reviews online and everywhere there mixed reviews. In the end I have narrowed it down to the Ford Explorer or the Toyota Land Cruiser. Between the two which is more comfortable for long drives and easier to maintain. And should I consider any other make too. Any help and suggestions would be great. And also between the two should I a brand new model or go for a year or two years old model. I know a lot of you might be thinking that all of these questions can be answered on how much I am willing to spend but considering value for money what should I go for.

Regards
Saqib

Consider a Toyota for easy maintenance, cheap parts and good resell value.

Explorer will be much better technically and I've been a big fan but changed my views lately seeing many friends suffering in terms of reliability. Problems start popping up as soon as the warrantee period expires.

All other makes? Sorry bad resell value, expensive spare parts...Ignore.

what you loose on resale value, you make up in a cheaper car.

i got a kia sportage for tens of thousands less than the competing size/spec from other makers.  so it balances out.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

what you loose on resale value, you make up in a cheaper car.

i got a kia sportage for tens of thousands less than the competing size/spec from other makers.  so it balances out.

Yes true; but not always. I think it's a good idea to invest more, pay less for parts/maintenance and resell for a little less than the invested.

kia parts are cheap. i priced out stuff like tie rod ends, balljoints, brake pads etc.  there are no exorbitant costs any more so than toyota with a 26,000 price premium of a rav4 in comparison with same options.

BUT
i do my own maintenance.  so im a little different than the average person

so you prefer SPORTAGE over TUCSON??