What happens in a car accident hit-and-run case?

I got hit by a car from behind (it was his fault as he was ran away when i went in my car to retrieve my cell phone). I called Najam and they gave me a report but he was saying i have 3rd party insurance only and I wont get any claim for repairs money (that's what I THINK he said, he was speaking arabic). What should I do?

Did you note his plate number? Your only choice is to give is to Najam/Maroor and that's it. I never heard that actions were taken against people who had hit and run.

Yes, that's what 3rd party insurance is all about. Your vehicle is not covered for repairs. You'll have to do it yourself.

no i did not see his number plate (his front plate was not there and i didnt have a look at his rear plate :( )

ah God damn him, i am so pissed at saudi guys. I hope he burns in hell for this. Well, gotta repair myself then :(

Bad is what happened to you. I guess investing a bit more on insurance (by buying a comprehensive policy) is a good idea.

Accidents are unpredictable and good insurance policy is what transfers it away from you.

Should have taken down his number plate first. I know this is all after the fact now but a car can only be traced with the registration number. Without it, it is literally a needle in a very large haystack.

Third Party insurance won't cover you for the damage caused to your vehicle, regardless of whoever was at fault. Comprehensive cover does, but this can cost 10-15 times as much as the third party only cover.

Quite likely the other driver had no insurance which was why he drove away and to be completely honest, he's probably got away with it. The only consolation you can take is that his car is damaged and will cost him money to repair. You can only hope it cost him more to repair his car than it would for you to repair yours (karmic justice perhaps?)

But sorry, you're all out of luck...

*sigh*
You are right, I should have upgraded to a higher premium but didnt to save money...:( Life is tough man....
Anyways, thanks a lot for your support.

Look on the bright side of life, at least your car is still driveable...if not, then at least nobody was hurt :)

Healthcare costs can be a lot more expensive than repairing your car.... :)

tonguetwister wrote:

Third Party insurance won't cover you for the damage caused to your vehicle, regardless of whoever was at fault. Comprehensive cover does, but this can cost 10-15 times as much as the third party only cover.

No, it's not that horribly expensive.

One of my friends lately got a comprehensive insurance from NCCI (Taawaniya) which is the most expensive insurance in KSA (but the best). The 3rd party premium was 650 SAR and 'comprehenvive+3rd party', 1275 SAR. Big deal?

Put it this way, I've seen insurance premiums for Royal Sun Alliance's subsidiary here for a Toyota Prado.... 4,000 SAR.

Pretty back breaking to me...

Third party for me in a Nissan Pathfinder, 400 SAR per year...

oh my...4k insurance?
Well, I guess you are right...as long as car is driveable and no one was hurt...I hope he gets Karmic justice though :(
I think it's about time I get a comprehensive 3rd insurance. Maybe this little incident was telling me to get one?

Well your discussion is going all wrong coz you are missing one very important point.

The premium depends on the value of car you claim. In other words, say (God forbid) you lose your car 100% (say burnt to ashes), how much money you'll like to get from isurance company? That's call claim value.

I have a Prado. Th value I've claimed is: 100,000 SAR. And so the premium I have to pay is 3,300 per year (NCCI).

Say you have a car which has a market value 1/3 of mine (i.e. 33,000 SAR), you'll have to pay 1/3rd of what I am paying them which is 1,100 SAR approx.

P.S. If your car model is more than 5 yrs old, NCCI is the only company who'll provide you a comprehensive insurance.

One more thing:
3rd party insurance means: Any damage you do to others is covered by your insurance company.
Full insurance means: 3rd party (as above) plus comprehensive (whatever happens to your car is covered).

Hope this helps :)

Need guidance...

I have Toyota car 2012 on installment with full 100% insurance. I was hit by another car and it ran away.

Najam(insurance) gave me letter and asked me to go Toyota office to make your car.

I have some confusion, can anyone clear me below points?

1. Will i need to take najam(insurance) report to Maroor office North, Riyadh to get a slip for repair?

2. Will I need any estimation from Exit 18 Suliay?

Thanks
Saad

Najam is not an insurance company itself. It's a private firm that supports Muroor and is paid by various insurance companies.

1- Usually yes; but depends on your workshop. Sometimes they don't care and repair the car based on Najam report.

2- Yes. Your insurance company will need the estimations.

Im sorry man to read this but don't be pissed at "saudi guys "lol for what reason !!! If some kid hit you and run away ! You didn't take a plate number or anything and how do you know he is saudi ! im police officer and if i was there i would ask you what was the plate number or how can i get him ? but anyways if you have any info even half of plate number with remmbering his face i will get him for you ...i understand your situation and ready to help you :) good luck

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Im sorry man to read this but don't be pissed at "saudi guys "lol for what reason !!! If some kid hit you and run away ! You didn't take a plate number or anything and how do you know he is saudi ! im police officer and if i was there i would ask you what was the plate number or how can i get him ? but anyways if you have any info even half of plate number with remmbering his face i will get him for you ...i understand your situation and ready to help you :) good luck

@Momo, The story is some 3 months old and I'm sure the post initiator must have forgotten all bits of the hit-and-run incident.

We do highly value (rather admire) your understanding and intent to help. Bravo!

Hit & Run of car in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia then following documents are required as I submitted the following to start repair of my car. My car is on lease(installment) with comprehensive insurance:

1. Report from Najm at time of accident.
2. Show this report to Maroor Office to get repair slip
3. My insurance is from UCA so I have to receive complete report scan print from there. That report will be stamped by UCA (insurance company).

Take all these document with following to ALJ for repair:

1. Driving license copy.
2. Driving iqama copy.
3. Installment copy of Abdul Latif Jameel.
4. Car Istamarah.
5. 700 SR to insurance office in Abdul Latif Jameel
6. Submit this cash to ALJ service centre to start your car repair.

Regards,
Saad

My query may be a bit off course but my situation is similar in some point.

I hit the an old junk car in the parkway outside my accomodation. Now I have a huge dent and scratch on the side of my car. I have tried contacting the police but it didn't help since no one was answering. Tried contacting the insurance company but to no avail. I want to fix my car but most of you guys say that a police report is required to have repairs on my car. I do have my insurance since I just got the car a month back from the leasing company but I don't know how does a "self - inflicted damage" incident fits with my insurance.

Please help. Thanks.

If you took najem report
Now you should go to muroor
And they will give you a report
That makes you fix your car in the workshop
:)

goErshadGO wrote:

My query may be a bit off course but my situation is similar in some point.

I hit the an old junk car in the parkway outside my accomodation. Now I have a huge dent and scratch on the side of my car. I have tried contacting the police but it didn't help since no one was answering. Tried contacting the insurance company but to no avail. I want to fix my car but most of you guys say that a police report is required to have repairs on my car. I do have my insurance since I just got the car a month back from the leasing company but I don't know how does a "self - inflicted damage" incident fits with my insurance.

Please help. Thanks.

Yeah that was a Hit-and-Run case?  :lol:
Your question has been answered on an other thread.

Because of not knowing arabic i am suffering from 100 percent fault in accident the other person was saudi and he made his friend witness but he was liar.. now i want to know will my insurance company repair my car and his also ? i got my car from abdul lateef jameel

Hello,

My situation is a bit similar. I was hit and run by a car and didn't even stopped. When I saw the car did not stopped I tried following the car until I got the chance to take picture of the plate number. I tried calling the traffic police but no luck and i did not call the najem insurance.

Question:

* Can I still call najem insurance to give me the report or this will be charged to experience? :(

ok

@gopikrishnan10

Welcome to the forum.
You have posted on a thread that is over 1 year old.
Perhaps open a new thread and introduce yourself to the forum.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I have a Prado. Th value I've claimed is: 100,000 SAR. And so the premium I have to pay is 3,300 per year (NCCI).

Say you have a car which has a market value 1/3 of mine (i.e. 33,000 SAR), you'll have to pay 1/3rd of what I am paying them which is 1,100 SAR approx.

P.S. If your car model is more than 5 yrs old, NCCI is the only company who'll provide you a comprehensive insurance.

One more thing:
3rd party insurance means: Any damage you do to others is covered by your insurance company.
Full insurance means: 3rd party (as above) plus comprehensive (whatever happens to your car is covered).

Hope this helps :)

Informative  :top:

Hi sallam,
I need some information and suggestions, I got hit by a car from behind, it was his fault as my car was parked on road, my left side got damaged badly and when i came to my damaged car, nobody was there, i need to ask some questions about insurance policies and Najam. please guide me:
1. My insurance is from Abdul Latif Jameel but it is expired since 4 month and due to laziness i didnt get a new insurance for this year but today is friday and i cannot get a new insurance from Abdul latif Jamil, Should i call Najam or i wait till sunday when i get my new insurance then i call Najam? or expired will work?
2. i trust its full insurance, if Najam gives me 100 % wrong as other party is missing then i have to pay my insurance company or abdul latif jameel for my repair? Any idea how much i have to pay as last year it was my mistake and Abdul latif repaired my car and it cost me 800 sr.
3. is it good if i find someone (a friend) and he hit my car again then i call najam and his insurance company gonna repair my car?

Thanks in advance and appreciated

guys please help me out from this situation actually i met an accident on sunday but that person run away from there after hitting me from back side and i wrote down his plate number then najam came and he completed everything and i gave him his plate number to him after that i went to police station morror they gave me one paper for quatation then got quatation but after completing each and everything police officer told me that the plate number of that guy is not ok that's y you can't claim for insurance but i have full insured lease car by saudi fransi and i went to insurance office they also told me the same thing so please guys tell me any solution about it because he was mistaken and i have all papers what they need but still suffering

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Did you note his plate number? Your only choice is to give is to Najam/Maroor and that's it. I never heard that actions were taken against people who had hit and run.

Yes, that's what 3rd party insurance is all about. Your vehicle is not covered for repairs. You'll have to do it yourself.

Just want to add one more thing that do not ever move your vehicle from the accidental place before arrival of police.
One of my friend had met with an accident and security personals forced him to move the care to open area as he was causing a road disturbance. Najm came and completed the formalities but later on insurance company has rejected the claim as Police has mentioned this as hit & run case.

Hi Momo Ajmy,

My car got hit twice in one year and both hit and run.

When my car got hit, i took the photo immediately and took his plate number  then after that the other driver who hit my car runned away. I called Najm then Najm gave me paper and I went to Police then police asked me to go to Taqdeer and Najm office again. I really need to ask what happen to the other driver who runned away?

Hi sir,
Same thing happened to me also. he hit my car from back and gone from emergancy line. In that panic situation i could saw his number 6062 only. and its black color KIA car. but when complained they asked me alphabets also which i couldn't. In this situation what i can do please let me know.

Hi sir,
Same thing happened to me also. he hit my car from back and gone from emergancy line. In that panic situation i could saw his number 6062 only. and its black color KIA car. but when complained they asked me alphabets also which i couldn't. In this situation what i can do please let me know.

Mr.Momo are u in Riyadh i have the same situation some one hit my car..and he run away.

My car hit  from back, and give me his mobile number for repairing, next day i call his number, thats take a girl, she tell wrong number, then i call najim , complient with his  plater number also, najim give a a  paper to exit 8, , what is next ?

Hey
I met with an accident, other guy escaped. Since his number plate was dirty, I was able to note it down only car brand name, numeric numbers 4 digits and car color. I gave all these details to Najm. Najm gave me 0% paper but without other party info.

When I went to maroor, Officer showed that Najm did not entered any of the other party car info.

What should I do now? It was happened in signal (no camera). He came in Red light and try to take a left turn, I went straight in green light.

Kindly advice

Hi,

My car was hit from behind & the guy didn't bother to wait for NAJM. I have the report from NAJM & that persons plate number too.

Kindly advise how to claim the money from him as I have a 3rd party insurance cover.

Thanks,

Perhaps contact your insurance company.

Hi, what happened to your case, I have similar situation that Najm gave me 0% paper and now i need to know what to do next.

Thanks

:o  hi saad, incident happened same just last Thursday 5sep19 .. hit and run , same day reported to najm- as advise moror is not involve they will manage accordingly, najm hand over with printed paper and told me to go the store for cctv footage- might from there we can able see the plate.. but unfortunately the cctv is low quality and notHD so couldn't read the plate (blured).

When I read your message here we have same situation, my car is not full paid yet from Abdulatif Toyota 1 year more to pay + last payment. Would pls advise me what to do next. 

Appreciated

Three days before a car came an hit five cars standing in front of our resident, my car also damaged, that guy who hit our cars run a way.. najam came and gave us papers, i took that paper to taqdeer and received a message from taqdeer in which estimate for that damage is mentioned, but they didn't mention that eho will pay for it. Now where should i go for that??

Crashes are always going to be a problem but there are things you can do to make life a little easier.
Start with a dashcam. I use a cheap action cam; it isn't great but it's good enough to read a plate and act as evidence if required.
The other is your camera phone. Make sure you take it out of the car with you and get pictures of number plates, the people concerned, and the damage to both cars.
As a point, if you don't fancy spending money on a dashcam, there are mobile phone apps that allow continuous video recording.