Don't trust WHITE taxis even!

Lots of people take the new white taxis because they have metres and they think they're avoiding the hassle of arguing with the black taxis that don't have metres. Ha ha, think again! I have personally been in a white taxi and the driver cheated me. He did something with his meter to make it read more than the price actually was.
How do I know this? I took a taxi from home to work many times and the cost was always around 15 LE on the metre. then one morning I got into another white taxi and the price was over 30 LE. The exact same distance I take every day and it was even faster this day because there was absolutely no traffic. I started arguing with the taxi driver and when he could see that i could speak Arabic and I told him I take a taxi here every day and the metre is never that much he very easily said okay give me 20 LE. Obviously he tampered with the metre because no way in hell would anyone accept less than what's on the metre especially more than 10 LE worth.

Beware cheating is everywhere

Well..sounds like typical Egypt...
nothing new..

i had the  same issue :(

I live at Alexandria, I went to Cairo for some reasons while i was there,I took a white taxi and he charged me about 35LE when i told my friends who leaves in Cairo they laughed at me and said he cheated you it cost 10LE to 15LE max.

I think I got it

first, the driver will ask you about your destination and will ask how do you reach it from X-way or Y-way ??

be careful, this is a malicious  question.

if you hesitated or do not know the way ( may be one of them is too long or not correct at all ).

from your answer if he realized that you do not know the way he will drive too long distance and charges you too much.

I don't get why there are a lot of people here who are like a bunch of sharks waiting to swallow anyone they find innocent, alive.
It's pathetic. The other day I almost punched a guy for attempting to cheat me and my family about some service and despite of all that he had the nerve to shout and behave so rudely towards my dad.
This country is on the edge, no offense.

Im using white taxi often, 95% of them are ok, some of drivers try to make this trick, to take more money. Its very easy to get: just look to counter, it start from 2.50 LE, and 1st km it should still 2.50, if u see from beginning its start to add quickly, leave the taxi, dont argue with him. U can pay him 3-4 LE, so u will avoid the trouble then.
I met such driver only once since white taxi started work.

Noura18 wrote:

Im using white taxi often, 95% of them are ok, some of drivers try to make this trick, to take more money. Its very easy to get: just look to counter, it start from 2.50 LE, and 1st km it should still 2.50, if u see from beginning its start to add quickly, leave the taxi, dont argue with him. U can pay him 3-4 LE, so u will avoid the trouble then. I met such driver only once since white taxi started work.

Well said Noura18 :one

try as much as you can to avoid arguing with those kind of people.

nayeli0016 wrote:

I don't get why there are a lot of people here who are like a bunch of sharks waiting to swallow anyone they find innocent, alive.
It's pathetic. The other day I almost punched a guy for attempting to cheat me and my family about some service and despite of all that he had the nerve to shout and behave so rudely towards my dad.
This country is on the edge, no offense.

Welcome to our New Egypt, after Mubarak stepped down!

Sorry for your Dad's situation!

There's no respect at all nowadays.

I am not trying to incite political arguments here but hypothetically speaking sometimes I wish Mubarak was still in power, he could've disciplined each and every person in this country.

nayeli0016 wrote:

I am not trying to incite political arguments here but hypothetically speaking sometimes I wish Mubarak was still in power, he could've disciplined each and every person in this country.

Totally agree

nayeli0016 U are right:)unfortunately.

don moe, Im somehow like to talk to egyptian simple ppl, most of them are very nice ppl, just some of them are not.

Noura18 wrote:

nayeli0016 U are right:)unfortunately.

don moe, Im somehow like to talk to egyptian simple ppl, most of them are very nice ppl, just some of them are not.

Noura18, mostly you may meet nice local simple Egyptians and maybe not, just be careful with who you always connect.

Noura18 you are absolutely right. There are indeed many nice people in Egypt. There is just a lot of irony in this country which is kind of depressing.
God bless Egypt.

don moe:) Thanks, im long time here and know how to deal. I lived in simple public area for a long time.

your solution is very good,i do the same too !,it is a sad fact that some drivers play in the metre !this is becoming widely spread these days due to the raised amount of poor people and issues going through the country !