Looking to possibly move to Tunis

Hi, I'm an American currently living in Cairo, Egypt but I am looking to possibly relocate to Tunis. Not sure what the current situation is in the country but any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm interested in the economic situation, political stability and safety of the country.

Thanks

Hey Meems,

I am a bit surprised that no one bothered to answer your message, I did not check on posts for so long, and hopefully my response to your message is not that late..
As far as I am informed the situation is not that great in the moment, economically and politically but we are expecting things to improve soon, I can help you with this link to be well informed about the situation in case you are a FB user:
facebook.com/tunisialivefm?fref=ts
All the news are up to date
Good luck

Hi Meems,

regarding political stability, it's difficult to say; Apparently the situation changed a lot after the revolution about 2 years ago, and people here don't seem happy with the current system. But I doubt another revolution is getting ready ! Some elections are coming in a few months, so maybe there will be some change as well.

Regarding safety, I think it depends which part of the country, or the city you are. If you are in Tunis, in the suburbs, it is very safe. I reached there recently, alone, and I did not feel anything wrong !!! But people here are saying we need to be careful more in the center of Tunis, because of people stealing bags. But I did not hear about major issue else.

I've never been to Egypt, but from what I heard, it seems that Tunis is safer. I am a young girl here, and I have no issue at all !!! But maybe it's about luck as well :) From what I learned in different countries, something bad can always happen, but it's important not to live in fear...

Lots of people are coming to Tunisia, especially French people, sometimes to work, sometimes for retirement. If Tunisia was not safe, you can believe me, French people would not come here !!! hahaha !!! so I think you can consider the possibility of coming to tunis, it would be a good experience.

Let me know if you are finally coming to Tunis, maybe we can catch up !! And I'm happy to help if you have any question.

Juliane

Thank you Juliane this great to hear. I know that the Tunisians are much calmer than egyptians so I don't think there will be a revolution there. It's here that I'm worried about.

Thanks again! I hope I do make it there even it is to check it out.