Pros and Cons of Living in Tunis?

My husband wants me to move to Tunis while he works in California.  My ex doesn't want me to take our 4 year old daughter.  My husband and I also have a daughter and expecting a son in July.
Where do I even start?

If your husband stays in CA, why not stay there with him? Or, is he from here and thus wants you to live with/near his family? Either way, it will be a cultural change--not necessarily a bad one--but you'll be better off with him at your side. Hope you know French, Arabic or TunsiArabic. Without language skills, you'll have a hard time here.

He will be staying with friends.  He wants me near his family there instead of near my family here.  And he says it will save us money while he gets established.

If you don't speak their language, you'll be, uh, possibly miserable. If they live in an ex-pat area of the city, you'll be okay, like La Marsa, Sidi Bou Said, Carthage, Gammarth. Otherwise...Cost of living here is 1/3 to 1/4 cheaper than the States. It's why I'm here!

My apologies as I only just saw this post.............don't know whether you are here or not.  If not, please be very careful if you decide to live here.  Your children with your husband are Tunisian and Muslim and if you bring them here then he may very well not give permission for you to take them out of this country again!!  I have helped women here before in these cases. If you want further details message me and I will be happy to advise

Hi
I go to school in Hammamet to learn theTunisian Dalect.  I enjoy it very much.  You can join a class or have one to one tuition.  I am sure this is available in other places too.   Everyone is eager to help or if you have some knowledge of French, you can always revise.   Good luck.

Joyster