New Samana Cruise Port, How will that effect Las Terrenas?

I read with much interest the construction of the new Samana Cruise Port that will be completed in the end of 2023 or the beginning of 2024. 

How many day excursions, visitors will the cruise ships bring to Las Terrenas ? Will these cruise ship visitors change Las Terrenas and it's traffic ?

Please share your thoughts. Thanks :)
I don't think it will have much of a direct impact on Las Terrenas. It's about an hour away and I don't know what activities in town would draw people for a shore excursion. I could see much more activity at Cayo Levantado, El Limon Falls, the zip line excursions farther east, and some of the other places that are in the areas closer to Samana.

Indirectly, it could hurt us as far as good service labor goes. If the area around the cruise port really grows to include more retail and restaurants, we might lose some of the best employees here in LT. For the locals, it's a stretch to commute from LT to Samana for a job, but I think the majority of locals working in LT live in Sanchez or El Limon, putting them on the Samana side of town.
Don't forget Los Haitises which is quite a draw.  Over time, I can see the tourism out of Samana matching or eclipsing that of LT.  There aren't many expats in Samana but a lot of tourism.  It appears that there will be room for around 3 cruise liners, depending on size.  One of them will be moored off shore.

I am wondering what the purpose is of also developing the Arroyo Barril cruise port which is only about 6 miles away.  There are almost no services there of any size as contrasted with Samana which already has a pretty well developed malecon with restaurants and two large hotels.
Thanks Denise for your reply.  I remain hopeful it doesn't effect Las Terranas too badly.

Snowinpalm, I am not familiar with Los Haitises, my focus is Las Terrenas.

I researched how long of a drive the new cruise port is to Las Terrenas.  Research says 1 hour 15 minutes one way so roughly it will be a three hour round trip. Hope the three hours total drive time is a deterrent to cruisers.
The distance is a deterrent. Most cruises limit the distance on allowed excursions due to risk of passengers missing cruise departure time.
About 25 minutes from LT to Samana.  I drive the Limon Road (which is excellent by DR standards)  weekly, connecting the two cities.

Los Haitises National Park draws many  tourists from LT and further.  Most take tour boats from Samana and stop off at Cayo Levantado on the way back. 
About 25 minutes from LT to Samana.  I drive the Limon Road (which is excellent by DR standards)  weekly, connecting the two cities.

Los Haitises National Park draws many  tourists from LT and further.  Most take tour boats from Samana and stop off at Cayo Levantado on the way back. 
- @snowinpalm

25 minutes from LT to Samana?  Do you have a helicopter?  Even from the far east of LT in Esperanza, Google maps is saying at least 40 minutes.

I take the El Limon route as well (much better than the road through Sanchez). From Barbecoa, it was about 45 minutes and from LT proper, it took us almost an hour.
Barbecoa to Samana city limits about 25-30 minutes
Okay can we stop arguing this point and get back to tourism.

@Ian1272  I just hope the cruise ships don't dump their sewage in Samana Bay as that is where the humpback whales come to calve. Hope there are groups monitoring this kind of development…