Learn/Practice Turkish

Hello,

I don't live in Turkey but I started learning Turkish 2 weeks ago. I go every December to Turkey for the Mevlana Festival in Konya (I'm a Sufí) and want to learn to talk to locals.

I'm looking for new friends or people patient enough to help me practice conversational Turkish so I can get to a good enough level by December 2022 😌😊

@Layla Yasmine you are well Come and I want help for you to learn turkish

@Layla Yasmine Hello ,

I am Onur and I can help you with Turkish . I am 100% Turk from my ancients to me haha . I know also English which may be good for you to communicate :)
@onurkemalborak
I came to Turkey 9 months ago and really need to learn the language. I tried a Turkish class but the teaching technique used was hard to follow for me. I am an older person and learning a new language is not easy for me., But I know I need to learn it as I plan on staying in Turkey for the rest of my life. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Dennis
hi everyone i also want to learn turkish... hopefully if every thing will be going fine then i will be ..... visit on june..... my children only knows 2 languages,,, urdu and english..... so it will be a big task for all of my family... to learn language :)
@Layla Yasmine

Yunus institute is free. Not easy. Courses online.  Just Google and apply.  Let me know how is going on.
İ have been living here in Turkey for the last 20 years. I am now fluent in Turkish. İf anyone needs any help to learn Turkish, I can assist.

@Layla Yasmine hi i can help you to learn turkish where are you from

@dncole4156

Many language experts recommend IMMERSION as the fastest way to become fluent in Turkish. Move to a small village and live with a host family who only interact in Turkish.

The idea is that, without English to fall back on, the desire to speak Turkish will transform into a real necessity, a sink-or-swim survival pressure. You will have to learn how to speak Turkish because there will be no other option.

1000 - 1100 hours will be required to attain the level of fluency much faster.
Very good advice ,you don't  have to be worried about Turkish.Language barrier should not stop you moving Turkey.Always teenagers are willing to translate for you.Just ask help young people.I never eat and drink alone  there is always a girl to dine with you,especially you pay the check,so that you practice Turkish.
If you are in pension, yes. No problem. But if one looking for to find a way to live there, is another story. You have to know the language at least at a conversational level. The language can be a huge handicap for integration, finding a job, have a social life... etc. I advise evryone who intend to emigrate, to start to learn the language before the arrival in the country where that person wants to be. Internet lessons, private courses online... etc. You don't want to hit the wall. You emigrate for a better life, supposedly.

@M Jawid Noori Can we communicate using WhatsApp. If so please invite me. My cell is 05***. Thank you so much in advance. Been here for 9 months Tried a Turkish live class here in Kusadasi. The teacher was good but here teaching techniques were not for me. I plan on living here for the rest of my life. Dennis

Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
@onurkemalborak

Can we communicate using WhatsApp. If so please invite me. My cell is 05***. Thank you so much in advance. Been here for 9 months Tried a Turkish live class here in Kusadasi. The teacher was good but here teaching techniques were not for me. I plan on living here for the rest of my life. Dennis
Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@dncole4156 I lived in Hungary for 7 years and I did not learn anything, English/German is fine, I am too old, I was too lazy stupid in Hungary, but also certainly in Turkey. English/German is fine here as well. Perhaps I will live here for the rest of my life, perhaps I leave in a few years, perhaps I die, learning languages however is not on my agenda. I can say Meraba, my wife can do much, much more, but I know myself learning a new language is too late. What is good for the local shops/hairdressers/cigarette shops is to understand I am a stupid resident from a foreign country, but he comes back. Especially with my hairdresser he knows, but also local shops know me and my wife are residents and more importantly we buy. (also important for restaurants)

ıf someone need to learn turkısh,I can help in Ankara