How to make friends in Turkey

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Turkey :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Turkey??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I am Murat , I am Living in Antalya , Turkey.
Male or female ! You can be my frind if you travel in Turkey. You are welcome to my home for free of cost staying.

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.

ı have moved to ıstanbul ıf some wants to make frıends please let me know feel free to call me on ***************
I am alone stayıng on bachelor status ıf optıon any gırls also feel free we can have a nıce chat and ı need to learn turkısh to enjoy the country and culture

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.

My American friends and I made some of our best Turkish friends by just buying beer, and going to drink in the park! We met some guys who were doing the same, they bummed a smoke, and now we're great friends.

Actually, bumming a smoke from almost anyone that looks interesting/friendly is a great way to meet new people.

I intend to vistit turky in near future and i am hoping to get good friends in turky if some on wants to be and give me some more information about turky

any nice friend from turkey if someone can tell me some more about turkey and their people and culture and more

I am Saeed Ahmed and i intend to visit turkey in near future and i have heard alot about turkey but i need to know more and if i can get a true friend from turkey male or female

I have met a good few friends for life while living in Turkey - Turks and expats. I'm a bar person. Bars are great places to meet people, especially if you become a regular. You can build up trust in friendly surroundings.

looking for friends in istanbul im 24 female, very bored ..help [email protected]

hi there any nice friend

Hey guys! I'm looking for friends too. also i know Turkey well and can help friends if they have any questions about Turkey or Turkish language. Good luck everyone! I know living abroad isn't very easy!

Be aware of people you randomly meet. Especially in Istanbul and especially in Taksim. I believe the best solution making friends at the places you hang around the most and also making friends via friends. Due to my job I kinda know about such things. Also kinda connected so don't hesitate to ask for help.

you should be careful in choosing friends.

I can be your msn friend at the beginning :)
dont heaistate to add, msn: myistanbulguide[at]hotmail.com

There are so many ways,and there are so many willing people to help you,but i agree with the friend who wrote the message about, you should be also careful when contacting with strangers and choose wisely while meeting new people. :) Anyway, i would be glad to help if you pm (private message) me too...

making a good friend what would make some one happy in life especially one coming to join anew people i would like to be a friend to those that care and ve a lovely heart.

hi,

iam lebanese. iam going to travel to turkey-istanbul next month.
i have an offer there. i would like to meet lebanese there.
i will be so thankfull i any body can give a brief about the life there, is it difficult? is it safe? is it nice ?
i will apreciate if you can send me to my email. [email protected]

thx

Hi,

I am Turkish guy, living in Etiler, working in one of the biggest holding companies in Turkey as a software developer. I came back to Istanbul last month from Perth AU. Probably, it is gonna be classical: I like doing fitness, sports, reading books, cinema and music( I am playing drums :) ).

Now, I am looking for foreign friends just for having conversation, chatting, fun on the weekends etc. You can find more information about me on facebook if you type Tuna HUS.

My email is: [email protected]

Cheers,
Tuna

Hello,

I am Turkish guy, and friend of tunahus in a real life. We are working in one of the biggest company in Turkey as a software developer. We really like our city, because there are too many things to do like nightlife, breakfast near the bosphorus, touristic places, very big nice shopping centers, cinemas...

Im looking for foreign friends to make a trip in istanbul, go to breakfast in bosphorus, to go to cinema :) and of course want to improve my english skills. Also learning russian language atm. The person, who knows russian too, would be very good for me to make a practice. :)

You can contact with me on facebook. Just search with this e-mail address : [email protected]
or msn : [email protected]

Regards :)

Serkan

hi,
I am visiting Istumbul sometimes next month and I will be very greatfull with any tips or informations regarding this city, how safe it is particulary for a lady and of course places to visit.
thanks in advance
merci
Amel

Buy a dog! You're never alone with a dog:)

hi,I'm turkish guy,i have been 5 years in the philippines and knows how to difficult in the abroad,right now leaving in the gaziantep who needs help or  to ask questions about turkey or antep or urfa,i will glad to help this is my email [email protected]

Hi am Ghanaian am ready to meet any body Auto Technician by profession the e - mail is [email protected]

Making friends in Istanbul is fine. But in Ankara you really need to have lived here before. It tends to be Bilkent or ODTU type graduates who form tight groups of friends. Ankara has a more closed feel to it.

i m indian i m looking for good friend and good job, any indian or any one pls contact me 05312555399

I can suggest that try to chat couple of times and if trust comes just meet the person as a friend then he/she will introduce friends  possibly.

I been abroad for 7 years so it was tougher for me as well but after awhile it gets easier. Nobody expects a miracle from the beginning anyway, right.

Take care all,.

Mustafa Nida

Well, the dog didn't work so after 4 years in this sorry shitehole I'm selling up and heading off.

Hello I am from Thailand,but studying in Malaysia.I have ever been Turkey more than once,but I have never tried making a friend with local friend in Turkey.Many of them can't speak english.ANyway I think that It would be good to have a friend.we won't be alone there.when I was in Istanbul.I just went the same way,because I didn't know where I could go..I just stayed around aksaray,then I took Tramtrain to Sulatn Ahmet.then walked to eminonu or took a ship to Uskudar.when I arrived there I just sat on the bench to look around there ..or saw many people walking.then took a ship in order to go back my room..hahaha I must be mad to that.I plan to go there soon

Hi Everybody !
please you can write me about your Turkey travels. I live in istanbul. My name is Hasan. I will be glad to help your travel in istanbul.Greetins and loves from istanbul..
people can write my mail: [email protected]

There are many potential friends (like me:) ) in non-alchol cafes aswell.

Please avoid posting mobile numbers

Hi;

looking for some expats in Istanbul to improve my english by helping expats.

Would u like to be keep in touch?  ;)

Hi I am turkish and living in istanbul. I had been in birmingham few times also, I can help u about istanbul. What do u want to learn ;)

Hi I am yatin.. looking for indian friends in turkey. Contact me

I can help u about istanbul. what do u want to learn :)

Hi ,my name is Nadjib, 46 years old , civil engineer ,i will visit istanbul from 10 to 20 january for holidays , would like meet friends living in istanbul for sightseeing,drinks, coffee, and have fun.will be happy to meet you if interested .
I speak english and french too

my email : nadjib_ben[at]yahoo.fr

through friends of friends... dont meet random people... I heard a lot of bad stories, specially in Taksim.. dont easily trust ppl you dont know...

At 18-21/1-2013 I will be in Istanbul.
If there is a friendly person who want to be a good friend,for some Efes bira and maybe a good dinner and some good talking too :)
My name is Kjersti and I am 38 ,single woman who likes to travel alone sometimes :)
At 30/3 -06/4-2013 1 week at Side Resort,Side Turkey.
Write me an mail kjersti.nyhagen(at)live.no
Hugs from Kjersti

Rafid80 wrote:

through friends of friends... dont meet random people... I heard a lot of bad stories, specially in Taksim.. dont easily trust ppl you dont know...

Hello ,thanx for advice :)

@ Kjersti_Drammen please avoid posting your cellphone number.